Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 22 - Blondies

Welcome to Blogtoberfest Day 22 lovely readers. The topic today is Blondie, both Food and Music. I recently came across a completely decadent calorie laden recipe for Cookies and Cream Blondie by Donna Hay that was printed in a weekend newspaper magazine - you can check out her website here : http://www.donnahay.com.au/ 

I tried the recipe - hubby was particularly impressed although I think I could have cooked it a tad longer as it was a little underdone. That being said though, it was still completely delicious and as promised on the Maddabling Facebook page, I will share it here for you now.


Cookies and Cream Blondie by Donna Hay 

Ingredients :
200g Butter, softened
1 Cup (175g) Brown Sugar
2 eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 2/3 Cups (250g)Plain Flour Sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder, Sifted
200g white chocolate, melted
125g cream cheese
150g cream-filled chocolate biscuits chopped

serves 12

Method :
1. Preheat the oven to 180C

2. Place the butter and the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition, and the vanilla and beat until combined. Add the flour, baking powder and chocolate and beat until combined.

3. Spoon half the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and top with spoonfuls of cream cheese.

4. Sprinkle with the biscuits and spoon over the remaining blondie mixture and spread to cover biscuits completely.

5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in the tin and slice to serve.

Maddabling footnotes : I used a light cream cheese and it still had the desired effect. Next time I make this recipe, I will cook until the whole top is lightly golden as I feel I undercooked the first batch I made.

And now a little flashback to the 1970'S with a song from Blondie called Eat to the Beat ! It seemed appropriate for this blogpost somehow............ see you all tomorrow for Blogtoberfest Day 23 xo

                           

2 comments:

  1. I love my recipe for chocolate blondies... and fortunately these days more people know what I mean when I mention them.
    I still love Blondie enough to have two or three songs on my ipod. The rest I listen to on cd now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point Starry - most people seem to know Brownies but not Blondies. I treasure my Blondie record that I purchased from a secondhand record store :)

    ReplyDelete