Welcome lovely Maddabling readers and all those lovely folk participating in Blogtoberfest12. Today is the first of a series of 31 Blog posts to celebrate Blogtoberfest12. I must extend a special mention and a big THANKYOU to the sweet Kat of the I Saw You Dancing Blog who is this years Blogtoberfest Hostess.
As promised, I have been meaning to share with you some photos of a Posh High Tea that I recently I held recently for some girlfriends, and also a recipe for the Cucumber Sandwiches that were such a huge hit with the girls! There were NO leftovers at all! Enjoy xo
Cucumber sandwiches with lemon herb butter
(Super Food Ideas - November 2011 , Page 56
Recipe by Gemma Luongo - from www.taste.com.au )
Whip up these delicious high tea sandwiches in super fast time to create
an elegant afternoon tea. Handy Tip : Best made just before serving
50g butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
6 large slices white bread
2 small Lebanese cucumbers, peeled
1. Combine butter, lemon rind, dill and chives in a small bowl. Season.
2. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter mixture.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumber into ribbons.
4. Divide between 3 bread slices. Top with remaining slices.
5. Trim crusts. Cut each sandwich into 3 fingers.