Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, October 1, 2012

Blogtoberfest - Day 1 - Homemade High Tea Goodness

Welcome lovely Maddabling readers and all those lovely folk participating in Blogtoberfest12. Today is the first of a series of 31 Blog posts to celebrate Blogtoberfest12. I must extend a special mention and a big THANKYOU to the sweet Kat of the I Saw You Dancing Blog who is this years Blogtoberfest Hostess. 

As promised, I have been meaning to share with you some photos of a Posh High Tea that I recently I held recently for some girlfriends, and also a recipe for the Cucumber Sandwiches that were such a huge hit with the girls! There were NO leftovers at all! Enjoy xo 

Cucumber sandwiches with lemon herb butter 

(Super Food Ideas - November 2011 , Page 56  
Recipe by  

Whip up these delicious high tea sandwiches in super fast time to create 
an elegant afternoon tea.  Handy Tip : Best made just before serving
Ingredients: 

50g butter, softened 

1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
6 large slices white bread
2 small Lebanese cucumbers, peeled


Method:

1. Combine butter, lemon rind, dill and chives in a small bowl. Season. 
2. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter mixture.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumber into ribbons. 
4. Divide between 3 bread slices. Top with remaining slices.
5. Trim crusts. Cut each sandwich into 3 fingers. 
6. Serve.

5 comments:

  1. Yum yum! My mouth is watering...
    So lovely to have you along for the Blogtoberfest12 ride. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat - so lovely of you to pop over to visit :)

      Off to do the day 2 blog now :)

      Delete
  2. ps they are really really tasty - and all the better for using real butter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were really yummy! Must do it again sometime soon. Maybe I should jump on board Blogtoberfest to give my blog a kick start

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should join in Blogtoberfest Del x

    ReplyDelete