Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Chilli-luscious, A Visitor, Something Nice and Moist Spelt Flour Carrot Cake

Hello lovely readers, it is fantastic to be back with you again. Being without Internet connection for the last week gah! I know it's a first world problem. I am grateful to live in such a lucky country and the problem with the net is all fixed now thanks to the fantastic technician that visited us to fix it. I am grateful to now recommence blogging - it's funny how I really really missed it. 

Today I share with you Chilli-luscious, A Visitor, Something Nice and Moist Spelt Flour Carrot Cake. Happy Reading xo♥
Chilli-luscious
We have a tiny chilli addiction in our household, we love to grow them especially. At the moment our little chilli patch is bearing more than we can eat - we have a Burke's Backyard Thai, Apache, Thai, Hoa Lat, Jalapeno, Habanero, Serrano and Ghost Chilli. 
I don't think we will be daring enough to try the ghost chilli known as Bhut Jolokia in our cooking, it is rated as one of the hottest in the world. We will leave those to be decorative growing display. Our Chilli patch is definitely looking Chilli-luscious at the moment, strong healthy plants and loads of vibrant colour. 
A Visitor
Sometimes you just have to look in the right place at the right time. I spotted a visitor in our garden - this little fellow was practicing his kung-fu fighting moves in our Frangipani Tree recently. Isn't he a cutie? 
Something Nice
Sometimes we get caught up in doing so much for others that we forget about ourselves. I recently revamped an old necklace I had laying around and I gave it a new lease of life, something nice for me. 
Do you like it? The green beads are faceted Jade but I am unsure at to what sort of stone the pale lemon ones are. If anyone has any suggestions as to what they may be, please feel free to leave me a comment :) 
Moist Spelt Flour Carrot Cake
I have been craving carrot cake but wanted to incorporate Spelt Flour into the mix. I adapted this recipe from one found here:  http://www.food.com/recipe/super-moist-spelt-flour-carrot-cake-212340.
I added in a few extra bits and pieces and hubby was pretty stoked with the outcome, it didn't last too long in our household. I didn't find that I needed to ice this but that would come down to personal preference. Enjoy :) 
 
Moist Spelt Flour Carrot Cake 
Ingredients 
1 cup sunflower oil or oil of your choosing 
3 eggs, lightly beaten 
1 cup raw sugar 
1 1/2 cups spelt 
1/8 teaspoon baking soda 
1 teaspoon allspice (or nutmeg or cinnamon) 
2 cups grated carrots, firmly packed 
1 cup walnuts (or hazelnuts) 
1 Tablespoon Chia Seed 
2-3 Pineapple Rings, broken into small pieces 

Method: 
1.Whisk oil eggs and 3/4 cup of raw sugar in a large bowl. 
2.Stir in sifted combined dry ingredients (I add back the husks from the spelt) carrot and nuts. 
3.Spoon batter into a greased lined loaf tin. Optional: Sprinkle with remaining raw sugar. 
4.Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 40-45 minutes or until cooked. 
Note: I found that it was still a little underdone in the middle, recommend baking an extra 5-10 minutes after it appears cooked.

Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed this weekend blog post -
Chilli-luscious, A Visitor, Something Nice and Moist Spelt Flour Carrot Cake. See you tomorrow for a new Wednesday Wishes wish list xo♥

No comments:

Post a Comment