Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, March 31, 2014

A Road Trip and Banana Coconut Cream Popsicles

Hello readers, welcome to the Weekend Blog Post.
Tonight I share with you 
"A Road Trip and Banana Coconut Cream Popsicles." 
Happy Reading ♥
A Road Trip
We recently took a break and explored the South West for a few days. You know it's going to be a good road trip when you find Smiley Face Cookies at a bakery along the way :)
We had so many wonderful experiences - like breathing in smell of  the ancient forest at The Valley of the Giants
we walked amongst the forest tree tops along a 420 metre long steel-truss walkway which leads over a deep red Tingle Tree Gully. The highest point along the walkway is 40 metres. Amazing!
And yes that is me hanging onto the hand rails! 
We got lost in a living maze that stands over 2 metres tall 
and saw fantastic sculptures at Margaret River and Cape Leeuwin. 
We completed a 7km hike from Cape Naturaliste to Sugar Loaf Rock in very very warm weather; 
spotted some sensational coastline along the way
and stopped to watch local surfers catching waves. 
We then discovered the regal beauty of Castle Rock on a much shorter stroll near Dunsborough. 
We even braved wind gusts of 132 km per hour at the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse! Cape Leeuwin is such a special place, it is the point where the Southern and Indian Oceans meet.
Topped off with some fantastic food from around the South West region, it really was a most satisfying road trip.
Banana Coconut Cream Popsicles
I recently tried one of the most delicious boutique Popsicles I have ever had, it was made with bananas, coconut milk and crushed cacao nibs. I tried to replicate this at home. I missed the Health Food Shop so used grated organic milk chocolate instead of cacao nibs but this didn't give a very strong flavour. Also, I only had two small bananas and a can of Coconut Cream in the cupboard. I would like to try making this again using two large bananas and Coconut Milk perhaps. Anyway, give it a try for yourself. This recipe will fill between 4-8 Popsicle moulds depending on the size of your moulds. I love this recipe as it is dairy free :)  
Banana Coconut Cream Popsicles
Ingredients: 
400ml Can of Organic Coconut Cream or CoconutMilk2 Large Ripe Bananas
2-3 Tablespoons Crushed Cacao Nibs or Grated Chocolate

Method: 
1. Peel and cut bananas into chunks and freeze. 
2. Blitz bananas in a food processor with Coconut Cream/Milk and Cacao Nibs.
3. Spoon into Popsicle moulds and return to the freezer to set. 

Readers, I hope you enjoyed reading "A Road Trip and Banana Coconut Cream Popsicles." See you all on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes xo♥

No comments:

Post a Comment