Happy Reading xo♥
800 Likes Milestone Giveaway
On the 4th December, Maddabling reached an 800 Likes Milestone on Facebook.
Maddabling decided to reward all those lovely Maddabling likers with a festive giveaway!
The prize pack contains a Maddabling signature line silver plated Festive Kilt Pin Brooch adorned with silver tone charms and fire polish Czech glass beads, 12 festive gift tags and three mini prints made from original photographs captured by Maddabling.
The Rules are simple, to enter you are required to leave a comment on the Maddabling blog:1) you must be a Maddabling liker on Facebook and let me know in your comment that you are - one entry,
2) let me know if you follow the Maddabling blog - bonus entry,
3) tell me what you love about the festive season - bonus entry.
1. So that your parcel of Maddabling goodness will arrive before Christmas Day, this giveaway is ONLY OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS this time around.
2. Entries are now open and entries close Thursday 12th December at 8pm sharp, Western Australian time.
3. The entries will be tallied and the winner drawn using random.org true number generator service.
4. A blog post announcing the winner will be published by 9pm Western Australian time on Thursday 12th December.
5. The winner is required to contact Maddabling within 24 hours of the announcement (9pm Western Australian Time Friday 13th December) or a new winner will be drawn, and a subsequent announcement made.
Good luck everyone - let the giveaway begin!
Wildlife and Mountains
I adore Cloud Nine and have blogged about our experiences there before.
While we were there, we decided to tackle the Bluff Knoll Trail in the Stirling Range National Park. The task ahead became ominously apparent as we started up the winding mountain path.
We didn't make it quite to the top this time, due to unexpected circumstances, but will definitely try again soon.
The views really were amazing and we were lucky it was such a clear day.
Back at the chalet, we observed this cheeky pair of pink and grey galahs stopped their scoffing of seed to pose for the camera, although only for a moment.
A little kangaroo family spied from the front deck, felt truly blessed to see this! The joey climbed right back into mum's pouch, not quite sure how he managed to fit in there.
A beautiful sunset topped off our mini break. I can't wait to go back to visit Cloud Nine again ♥
You can check out the details on Cloud Nine for yourself at: http//:www.cloudninespachalets.com.auCreamy pappardelle with prosciutto + basil
I spied this recipe recently in the STM magazine, in the Donna Hay food and drink section. Easy to make and a delicious use of fresh basil!
Creamy pappardelle with prosciutto + basil
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 cup single (pouring) cream
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
12 slices prosciutto (180g)
1 cup (200g) ricotta
2 cups fresh basil leaves
sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 eggs, poached
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente.
2. Drain, reserving one cup (250ml) of the cooking liquid, set aside.
3. Heat the oil in the saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add the cream and reserved water and cook for one minute.
5. Return the pasta to pan, along with the parmesan, prosciutto, ricotta and basil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
6. Divide the pasta between 4 plates, top each with an egg and the extra parmesan. Serve.
Readers, that concludes Milestone Giveaway, Wildlife and Mountains and Creamy Pappardelle with Prosciutto + Basil. I hope you have a wonderful week, see you all on Wednesday for a new Wednesday Wishes blog post xo♥