Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Friends - Local Makers - Handmade by Renae

 
Hello lovely Maddabling readers, how have your collective weeks been? I haven't done too much at all to be truthful, but I am hoping to create a Terrarium and a Terrarium Tutorial to share with you all, once I can get all of the components I need to start making it together. I am also planning to visit some lovely local Makers at the Mothers Day Market to be held at Centennial Oval this weekend. I am really looking forward to this having missed the Denmark and VAC markets over the last couple of weeks. 

This week it is my absolute pleasure to introduce to you all a new Friday Friend and very talented local maker, it's time to meet Renae from Handmade by Renae
Let me tell you a little more about Renae. She is one of those very talented ladies that can sew. Which I can not. Which is why I admire sewing folk so much. I know how much work and love goes into their fabulous creations and I have a few things that Renae has made that I would like to share with you now. I think I may have mentioned before my love of owls and oh my! These owl pillows are just too hoot cute!
I always find that tote bags are handy for packing ones market shopping into and this one is so lovely and stylish.
I also have a bit of a love of Babushka dolls and these softies are just so adorable ♥
Lovely readers, it is time now for me hand over the blogging reigns to Renae to share with you The Fabric of Handmade by Renae. Have a lovely weekend, see you all on Sunday for the Weekend Blog Post. 
PS If you get the chance pop down to the Mothers Day Markets to say Hi! to lots of fab local makers x 
The Fabric of Handmade by Renae
Hi I am Renae from Handmade by Renae. I love to make things. Mostly sewing and quilting projects. I have always really enjoyed making and creating things from a young age. I did a lot of cross stitch as a child and when I have time I still enjoy doing it.
When I was pregnant with my son I got the notion in my head that I HAD to make him a quilt so I went to weekly classes with some lovely ladies who showed me how to quilt. I still have that first baby quilt with the wonky binding and I am happy to say I have come a long way since then!
I have entered a quilts in a few local shows and I have been placed both first and second in different  categories. I haven't entered anything lately but am planning on later this year.
I started a page on Facebook a  couple of years ago when I saw people asking for library bags for their school kids. I made some up and sold them and after that every year I have requests for more.
I started making a few bags and children's items and posted them on my page and people bought them. After a while my day job and kids activities took over and I didn't have much time for my sewing and my page lay dormant for a while.
I was encouraged to try selling my stuff at a market and I finally plucked up the courage and did my very first make 2 weeks ago and am happy to say I sold some stuff! I now am trying to get ready for my second market this weekend.
I still love to quilt, semi traditional with a nice burst of colours. Bags, table runners, cushions and any cute thing that tickles my fancy at the time. I love bright colours, black and white prints, happy fun prints and well you name it, I am pretty sure I would have it in my craft room.
I will admit I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to fabric but that's a good thing I like to think! I like to make things that my kids like and often my 6 year old daughter asks me if whatever I am making is for her so she has a large collection of my creations.
I hope to attend more markets and get my name and items out there for people to see.
You can find me on Facebook here: 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Handmade-by-Renae/169530799800420
Or you can come and visit me in person on Saturday, 10th May at the Mother's Day Markets at Centennial Oval on Lockyer Avenue, Albany WA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment