Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Autumn Chill, Handmade Quilts and Apple Pancakes with Cinnamon Sugar

Hello lovely readers, I am back on track with blogging after a short break due to personal reasons. In this weekend blog post I share with you "Autumn Chill, Handmade Quilts and Apple Pancakes with Cinnamon Sugar." Happy Reading xo♥
Autumn Chill
Sunday morning was filled with typical Autumn Chill and this photo shows the misty rain that prevented me from seeing the other side of the harbour! Winter is just around the corner. If you look very carefully, you can see a dark line of coast hills shrouded in cloud and drizzle - brr! 
Some lovely yarn bombing in the form of crocheted blankets have turned up in the parkland near our local Arts Centre. 
I fear that even the trees are feeling the cold snap! At least they will be stylishly warm :) I do heart public art, in whichever form it takes ♥
Handmade Quilts
My dear friend Carol at Meandering Thread makes beautiful quilts, soft toys, bags and hats amongst many other things. 
 We recently purchased a quilt from her as a gift for a loved one but it really was too lovely not to share. Perfect to brighten up a little ones bedroom don't you think? And something to be treasured for years to come ♥
Apple Pancakes with Cinnamon Sugar 
This recipe is from Donna Hay and to all the Mums out there, you may want to put this tasty recipe on your menu wish list for Mothers Day this coming Sunday. I haven't had the chance to make this one yet. The instagram photo I have taken is a photo of the finished recipe photo taken by Chris Court (you must visit his website to view some amazing food photos). 
I spotted this in the STM Magazine from the weekend just gone. This recipe makes 12 apple pancakes.

Apple Pancakes with Cinnamon Sugar 
Ingredients - Apple Pancakes 
1 1/2 cups (225g) Self- Raising Flour
1/2 cup (110g) Caster Sugar
3 Eggs, lightly beaten 
30g unsalted butter, melted
1 cup (250ml) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 apples, thinly sliced
Ingredients - Cinnamon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons white sugar 

Method: 
1. To make the cinnamon sugar, place the cinnamon and the white sugar in a bowl, mix to combine. Set aside.
2. Place the flour and caster sugar in a bowl, make a well in the centre.
3. Place the egg, butter, milk and vanilla in the centre and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
4. Allow the mixture to stand for 15 minutes.
5. Heat a lightly greased small non-stick fry pan over low heat.
6. Add a slice of apple, cook for 1 minute then turn.
7. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture over the apple and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
8. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until lightly golden.
9. Repeat with the remaining apple and pancake mixture.
10. Sprinkle the pancakes with cinnamon sugar to serve. 

Readers, I hope you enjoyed reading "Autumn Chill, Handmade Quilts and Apple Pancakes with Cinnamon Sugar." See you on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes xo♥

No comments:

Post a Comment