Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mini Prints and Greeting Cards + Fresh Beetroot Relish

The weekend weather didn't lean so much to enjoying the great outdoors this weekend, so I have no hiking snaps to share. Instead, I present Mini Prints and Greeting Cards + Fresh Beetroot Relish. Happy Reading! 

Mini Prints and Greeting Cards
A while back I saw a post by the lovely Chantelle over at the Fat Mum Slim blog about "5 ways to create goodies from the millions of photos you've snapped" 

Being an instagram addict of sorts, I decided to try one of the providers to create some adorable mini prints 
and some really lovely gift cards with their own brown kraft paper envelopes. Both the Mini Prints and Gift Cards will be available for purchase at Summer Street Fair in late November.
You can see all the different goodies and links info on the Fat Mum Slim blog here:
http://fatmumslim.com.au/instagram-products-5-ways-to-create-goodies-from-the-millions-of-photos-youve-snapped/
Fresh Beetroot Relish
Our patience with the vege patch has paid off and we are reaping some delicious young tender beetroot at the moment. I don't recall where I spied this recipe, but it had only four ingredients and makes a fantastic dip or relish for burgers or sandwiches. Perfect for summer bbq's and gatherings! 

Ingredients: 
150g fresh beetroot, washed, peeled and cut into small chunks
3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
50g green apple chopped
50g low fat fetta chopped

Method:
1.Place Beetroot chunks and lemon juice in a food processor and blitz until just combined.
2.Add apple and fetta, blitz until a rough (not too smooth) paste is formed. 
3.Chill and serve.

note: try to retain a more chunky rather than a smooth consistency with the relish, it has a lovely texture that way.
Readers, I know this post was a little short and sweet, thank you for stopping by to read my blog. Have a fantastic week. I hope you enjoyed Mini Prints and Greeting Cards + Fresh Beetroot Relish. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment