Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, October 7, 2013

Awkward Orchids, On the Art Trail and Waldorf Inspired Kale Salad

Why Hello Sunday Monday! Today I share with you Awkward Orchids, On the Art Trail and Waldorf Inspired Kale Salad. Happy Reading! 

Awkward Orchids
A weekend nature walk turned up some gorgeous orchids this weekend, thanks to a dear friend of mine who knew all the best places to look. Here are a few of the pretties I snapped. 
The next day, on one of our more regular weekend walk trails, I spotted this little beauty. Little did I know that I had spied a Start's Spider Orchid (Caladenia starteorum). I sent a copy of the snap to Wild Orchids of Regional WA who helped me to identify this orchid. 
As one good turn deserves another, I was more than happy to divulge the location to Wild Orchids of WA so that they too could see this orchid, photograph it and make this short video. 
Art Trail - Hotchin Gallery
The Hotchin Gallery is just so lovely - you really must see all of the wonderful works on display. Serena and David will make you feel very welcome; Hotchin Gallery is #55 in the 2013 Bendigo Bank Art + Craft Trail Booklet. 
"Filigree" is an exhibition of contemporary drawings and paintings by Serena McLauchlan and David Edgar - describing line and sense of place. 
Serena gives us weathered patinas and filigree drawn lines of place etched with encaustic and oil...
while David presents large Albany landscapes of coastal heath, Torndirrup National Park and Albany Coast. 
You will even get a sneaky peek of an artists creative work space - inspiring! 
 
 Waldorf Inspired Kale Salad
I saw this recipe on www.rawfoodrecipes.com and as we have plenty of Kale growing in the vege patch, I thought I would give this a try. I made a couple of changes to the original recipe, below is my version. Enjoy :)
Waldorf Inspired Kale Salad
Ingredients; Salad Base:
4 big kale leaves or 8 younger kale leaves, finely chopped
2 -3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1 medium tart green apple, cored, peeled and diced
2-3 sticks of celery finely sliced

a handful of walnuts

Ingredients; Salad Dressing:
1 tablespoon good olive oil
½ teaspoon good balsamic vinegar
Seasoning, to taste: sea salt, black pepper, chili flakes,herbs
Black Sesame Seeds as garnish


Method:
1. Wash and drain Kale, place in a bowl, pour over lemon juice, toss, and set aside for 2-3 minutes.
2. Prepare apple and celery, add to bowl.
3. Make dressing by combining the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, seasoning.
4. Pour over Kale,Apple and Celery mix and toss to coat with dressing.
5. Top with walnuts and sprinkle over Black Sesame Seeds as a garnish. Serve and enjoy! 
I hope you have enjoyed Awkward Orchids, On the Art Trail and Waldorf Inspired Kale Salad. See you all on Wednesday for a new Wednesday Wishes blog post xo 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samara - Always a pleasure to have you through our space and appreciate your words!!! Enjoy the trail .......Serena and David

    ReplyDelete