Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Friends - DUSTy Divas - Love, Dot + Daisy

Happy Friday readers - welcome to another weekend. I am looking forward to a very relaxing weekend and road testing a new recipe to share with you all, from the tasty young beetroot we have growing in our garden. Stay tuned! 

This week it is my great pleasure to introduce to you a new DUSTy Diva and Friday Friend - meet the gorgeous Justine of Love, Dot + Daisy. 
I heart a really good cup of tea, and have been to no less than 3 high tea events over the past couple of months. There is nothing like the decadence of fine china to drink your tea from. Let me tell you a little about Love, Dot + Daisy. Justine makes the most divine bespoke tea bags, wall confetti and other  gorgeous things. Here are a few favourites that I must share with you! 

Tea drinking does not have to just be for the girls - I am quite smitten by these Moustache Tea Bags for him - what a fantastic gift for the bloke in your life! 
I also adore this Wedding Giant Wall Confetti - Paper Heart Shaped Confetti in a pack of 50 pieces! You can use Love, Dot + Daisy's wall confetti in so many ways: 
♥ as a backdrop for your lolly or dessert buffet
♥ wall decoration
♥ scattered on your tables
♥ add a heart to your helium balloons, by attaching to the string (Justine will even hole punch the hearts so you easily tie to the balloon string)

And if you know of anyone having a baby shower....love this idea for a really personalised tea party - teabag cuteness overload! 
Dear readers, I invite you now to relax with a cup of tea, and enjoy Reading the Leaves of Love, Dot + Daisy. See you on Sunday for a new weekend blog post xo
Reading the Leaves of Love, Dot + Daisy
Who is Love, Dot + Daisy?
Love Dot + Daisy was born, from the love of making and beautiful things.  My Nanna’s {Dot + Daisy} were talented ladies.  Dot a book binder by trade and mad crazy knitter.  Daisy a lady who would overdress for breakfast, serve biscuits on doilies and drink tea in fine china; regardless of the occasion {or the grubby grandchildren}. Both ladies inspired my passion and Love Dot + Daisy was born in late 2012.
What inspires you ?
My friends.  I'm blessed to be surrounded by creative people.  Beautiful, personal, thoughtful gifts.  Old things – preloved furniture.  Someones trash really is somebody elses treasure. I'm addicted to hard rubbish.  Taking something old and giving it new life. 
What mediums do you work with - do you have a favourite ?
I love working with paper, it has so many uses, it can be cut, folded, rolled…all giving a different effect.  Paint – a fresh coat of paint livens anything up.
My favourite is hard rubbish!  Re-purposing.
What kind of things do you make/create ?
I’ve been making and decorating my whole life. My business is in the early days, but has a long history.  With a love of craft and handmade I was always tinkering, constantly re organising and re-decorating my bedroom as a kid and later my own home.  I was raised to give thoughtful gifts and to wrap them with love.  I am always on the lookout for something different, something personal and something beautiful to give.

There has been lots of trials, some successful, some not.  Until one day I made a teabag with a pretty little label.  Overwhelmed I made more…and I wrapped them.  A match made in heaven for me.
I make teabags, with messages on them.  All Love Dot & Daisy products are handmade by me in my home on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria.  Each piece starts its life as a thought – a moment, a colour, a pattern in life.  Each teabag is individually hand tied and stamped by me.  All Love Dot + Daisy teabags are thoughtfully packaged and gift ready. The results are delightfully wonderful warm wishes in a cup of tea.  Meant to be shared. I think that sharing a cup of tea with a friend is such a lovely moment.  I never serve tea in a mug.  Always a cup and saucer.  It just adds a touch of warm and fuzzy to the moment I think.  
I'm working on my Christmas line at the moment, I have the teabags sorted, now I'm playing around with the packaging – which I love – its always so nice to receive a beautifully wrapped gift.  I'm trying to create some of that in my packaging.  I'm launching my Christmas line at my first market on November 16th @ Emu Plains Market in Balnarring.  The closer it gets the more excited I get.  I can’t wait. 
Do you have a favourite piece that you have made/created ?
Probably my pallet Christmas tree with paint chip baubles.  I live in a tiny flat and a Christmas tree just would not fit.  So I made a tree out of old pallets.  I love it.  It has a star and an angel, apart from that there is nothing traditional about it.  I gave it a summer  feel, adding flamingos and cocktail umbrellas. 
What are your future plans/dreams/aspirations ?
I would love to quit my day job and spend more time creating and doing what I love.  I'm sure that’s what we all want to do?!  Oh and I want to live in Sweden. 


Dear readers, would you like to see more? Here is how you can connect: 

Buy lovely things on Etsy here: 

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoveDotandDaisy

and become a fan on Facebook here: 

https://www.facebook.com/LoveDotandDaisy



No comments:

Post a Comment