Hello Maddabling blog readers, today I share with you in the Sunday Edition Blog Post Fathers Day, Mountains to Orchids and Comfort Food. Happy Reading!
Maddabling extends a very Happy Father's Day to all the Dads, Grandads, Step-Dads and Father Figures out there. Here's hoping you had a wonderful day and that you had fun spending time with family and or friends.I love this image which comes from one of my FAVOURITE letter press creators, Fluid Ink Letterpress. Davina is so very clever, see for yourself.
You can buy her fab goodies here:
and you can become a follower on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/fluidInkLetterpress.
Mountains to Orchids
This weekend saw the Maddabling household embark on a mountain climbing and orchid searching adventure. The destination was Mt Trio in the Stirling Range National Park. It was a windy sort of day, and the wind became very gusty towards the top of Mt Trio. The gusts were estimated at around 50km per hour. We stayed to take a few pictures then headed back before the weather turned really fierce.
Safely back at the bottom of the mountain, we were lucky to meet a beautiful lady who Maddabling will name the Orchid Guardian - she was a regular visitor and keen wildflower observer, and she directed us to several gorgeous orchids, including the dazzling Queen of Sheba. The Queen wasn't fully opened as only does so in full sun but I saw enough of her to see how strikingly beautiful she must be, with shades of bright purple, orange and golds.
Mt Trio is quite ominous from a distance in the stormy afternoon light, we would love to visit her again on a calmer day to really appreciate her raw natural beauty and the magnificent views from the summit.Comfort Food
Who doesn't love comfort food from time to time. This is a classic dish and I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Today, the recipe is for Beef Stroganoff.
250g Fresh Pasta (Fettuccine is good)
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Rice Bran Oil
1/4 cup of Plain Flour
Salt and Pepper to season
500g rump steak thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 red onion halved and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon paprika
Small tin of whole champignons or 200g thick sliced mushrooms
1 cup beef stock
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Cook Fresh Pasta in a saucepan of boiling water, according to directions on packet.
2. Heat oil in a large frypan over medium to high heat. Dust rump steak with flour, season with salt and pepper. Cook in batches until browned, transfer to a bowl.
3. Melt butter in pan, add onions and garlic, cook and continue stirring until soft (around 5 minutes). Add mushrooms or champignons and cook until tender.
4. Add paprika and cook for one minute or until fragrant.
5. Add stock and sour cream, cook stirring over low heat until reduced to a thick sauce.
6. Divide pasta between plates and spoon over Stroganoff mixture. Sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley and serve.
note: serving with some steamed greens on the side of the plate really adds freshness to the meal.
Dear readers, I hope you have enjoyed Father's Day, Mountains to Orchids and Comfort Food. See you all on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes xo