Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Craft Swaps, Coast Walks and Choc Peanut Butter Icecream

Hello there - thanks for stopping by to read the Sunday Edition on the Maddabling blog post. This week is all about Craft Swaps, Coast Walks and Choc Peanut Butter Icecream. Enjoy :) 

Craft Swaps
Last week I shared with you all the craft swap goodies I sent to Ofunneka of c3n2kids - you can see the parcel I sent here: http://maddabling.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/craft-swaps-coast-walk-trails-and.html ). 

This week my parcel arrived and here is a photo of the sweet little book that Ofunneka sent to me. One day , this book will be passed on to a new arrival that is due our extended family soon! 
Coast Walks
This week we ventured to the Mount Martin Regional Botanic Park. The walk trail here is described as strenuous and is around 11km return if you complete the whole trail. There is a really amazing diversity of native plant species and equally amazing views of King George Sound, Oyster Harbour, Emu Point and Middleton Beach. On a relatively clear day, you can see the Stirling Ranges, Porongurup Ranges and Mt Manypeaks in the distance. 

From the other side of King George Sound, you can see the Flinders Peninsula in the distance, where we walked to Bald Head a couple of weeks ago. 
This is one of the rest spots on the way, the beach in the distance is where the walk trail starts from. A really amazing spot to stop and take it all in. 
We saw lots of orchids and wildflowers while on the Mt Martin walk trail, here a few that I snapped! 
 
It was kind of odd to see this big ship anchored in the sound, while walking through beautiful bush land. A reminder of the modern world we live in. 
 
The trail back took a diversion and we walked a section of track that led through the bush land rather than along the coastal hills seen on the way there. 
There were no water views only amazing lush unspoilt bush land! I can't wait to explore this area again, it is so beautiful. 
Choc Peanut Butter Icecream
The recipe this week comes from Clean Healthy Recipes (photo courtesy of Clean Healthy Recipes) and is on my To Try list as soon as possible :) 
Ingredients (Serves 2)

2 Bananas
1 Tablespoons Organic Peanut Butter (No Added Sugar)
1 Tablespoon Cacao Nibs

Method: 
Peel bananas then place in a plastic bag and freeze.

Once bananas are frozen, place in food processor along with peanut butter and process until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.

Pour mixture into a plastic tub, add cacao nibs and stir through.

Re freeze for a couple of hours and then take out of freezer 5 mins before serving. Scoop out using an ice cream scoop and serve.

That wraps up Craft Swaps, Coast Walks and Choc Peanut Butter Icecream, see you all on Wednesday for a new Wednesday Wishes post.

No comments:

Post a Comment