Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Friends - Local Artists - DEL-icious Designz

Hello dear readers, and a big Happy Friday to you all! I have heard a whisper that there is more winter sunshine on the way this weekend - Maddabling is hoping to get out and make the most of it exploring on a coast walk somewhere. Hopefully, I will also get some time to do some more baking, testing a recipe to share with you all. This week I am sharing with you some new things from a dear friend who I have had the pleasure to feature before - meet Del from DEL-icious Designz! 
Del is an absolute crochet wiz and is my guest blogger this week, in fact it is time for me to hand over the blogging reigns to her right now! I do hope you 
enjoy her story xo
The Delightful Tale of DEL-icious Designz 
Way back in May 2010 I was Samara's second Friday Friend Feature http://maddabling.blogspot.com.au/2010/05/friday-friends-part-2.html
Back then I was dabbling in resin jewellery and Spoon Pendants.  This was a lot of fun but due to reasons out of my control, resin and I had to part ways.
Now I have picked up on my passion for crochet and am loving it. 
Want a funky character hat??  Then I am your girl.  
I have had all sorts of requests and always rise to the challenge.  Tiger, Sheep, Unicorn, Bear, Monkey, Owl, Elmo, Panda, Cookie Monster and the list goes on. 
You can check them all out on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/DELiciousDesignz

But....it's not just hats I make.  
I also create Ponchos
and Tea cosies
and Slippers
and Barefoot Sandals
and Scoodies!
Some of these will be on display at the Makuru Kaal Festival  http://www.makurukarlafestival.com
 This exciting event, which runs from the 28th June - 30 June 2013 will 
feature a Poets Breakfast at Kendenup Lodge, drumming workshops, 
singing workshops, fire twirling workshops, lantern making workshops, 
soup and bread at Banksia Farm, lantern walk,lighting the bonfire, 
Winter Woolies, Wool End Cafe, Live Music and Dance at the Mt Barker
Town Hall.

There is also a fantastic giveaway that DEL-icious Designz is thrilled to be 
a part of over at The Great Southern Wedding Directory at
Lots of fantastic goodies up for grabs, including some from DEL-icious Designz! Get in quick, entries are closing very soon!
Dear readers, if you want to see more, here is how you can connect. 

Buy lovely things on Zibbet here: http://www.zibbet.com/DELiciousDesignz 
and 
become a fan on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/DELiciousDesignz







1 comment:

  1. Thankyou Samara for the feature. I am amazed at how many wonderful artists you have featured since you began with mine 3 years ago. It is an fabulous effort and a I love your commitment to showcasing handmade. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete