Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, July 1, 2013

Wilderness, Wrapped Up and Winter Warmers

Hello readers - did you have a fantastic weekend? Remember the whisper I heard about weekend Winter Sunshine? Turns out it really was true. In fact, I was so busy enjoying the great outdoors yesterday, that I didn't get my blog post done tsk tsk. Today I share with you, Wilderness, Wrapped Up and Winter Warmers. 

Wilderness
There are so many amazing nature reserves and national parks on the South Coast. Taking advantage of the amazing Winter sunshine, we ventured off to explore at Waychinicup National Park. This really is a place that time forgot. Unspoilt, beautiful, wilderness. See for yourself. The river flows into the inlet which in turn flows out into the ocean. Amazing, truly Mother Natures finest. 
first glimpse driving in 
the river and inlet
the inlet
rock pools, inlet and distant ocean 
majestic Mt Manypeaks 

Wrapped Up
I had a dilemma. Which wrapping paper to choose for a dear friends gift. 
Then I had an idea. Wrapped Up. I got a little crafty. I thought, I have lots of really pretty and cool stamps. I can buy a roll of brown paper. 
I CAN MAKE MY OWN WRAPPING PAPER! 
I was so pleased with how these wrapping papers turned out - what do you think? 
Cuteness overload huh! 
The paper can be as individual as the person you are making it for. 
I think I have a new passion! Maybe I shall invest in some good colouring pens to take it to the next level...

Winter Warmers
I recently spied this recipe in the STM magazine and will share with you the recipe in full. I couldn't obtain the meat cut recommended, so I substituted the pork ribs with a pork rib roast. I think this marinade would suit pork strips, pork belly, pork cutlets, it is pretty versatile. We added some roasted potatoes to the Cabbage and Orange Slaw to round out the meal. Enjoy! 
 
Marmalade + Mustard Ribs with 
Cabbage + Orange Slaw

Ingredients for Marmalade + Mustard Ribs:
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup seeded mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 kg pork ribs

Ingredients for Cabbage + Orange Slaw
4 Cups shredded red cabbage
2 oranges, peeled and finely sliced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil 
3 green onions thinly sliced

Method: 
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Place marmalade, mustard, sugar, orange juice, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix to combine. 
3. Add the ribs and toss to coat. 
4. Place the ribs on a wire rack in a baking tray lined with aluminum foil or baking paper, reserving the marinade. 
5. Bake for 45 minutes, brushing frequently with the marinade, or until golden and sticky. 
6. To make the slaw, place the cabbage, orange, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl, and toss to combine. 
7. Top the slaw with the green onion and serve with the ribs. 

Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed Wilderness, Wrapped Up and Winter Warmers. See you all on Wednesday for a brand new Wednesday Wishes Blog Post xo

1 comment: