Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, May 27, 2013

Sunsets,White Rabbit Showcase and Soulfood Soup

Maddabling would like to apologise for this tardy blog post, it was due out yesterday...instead of enjoying the divine Autumn sunshine this weekend, Maddabling has been busy battling the flu instead. That aside, this week let me share with you Sunsets, White Rabbit Showcase and Soulfood. 
Sunsets 
This past week has seen some particularly gorgeous sunsets. Driving home from work the other night, I was compelled to stop on the side of the road, as were the other 15 or so people happy snapping on the foreshore, to catch some beautiful colours in the sky as the sun set over the harbour and coast hills. Let me show you what I mean...........
Now you may understand why I had to stop and snap! Blessed to live in such a wonderful place.

White Rabbit Vintage and Handmade Showcase
For those in the Albany Area this weekend, why not take a leisurely Sunday Drive to the picturesque Torbay Hall located on Hunwick South Road, Torbay. The hall itself is just beautiful - nestled amongst the Karri trees!  
white rabbit vintage will be holding a vintage and handmade showcase set to tempt you with local Art, Jewellery, Homewares, Vintage and Kidswear available to purchase. 
Soulfood Soup
This recipe is one of my favourite winter warmers or Soulfood if you like. It's easy to make, delicious and you can garnish it with some toasted shredded coconut, chopped coriander and slices of chilli if you so desire. Here it is :) Really this one is too good not to share - enjoy! 
Thai Sweet Potato Soup

Ingredients
1 tbs olive oil
1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
1 tbs red curry paste
1L (4 cups) vegetable stock
1kg orange sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
160ml (2/3 cup) coconut milk
Fresh coriander leaves, to serve

Method
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.

Add the stock to the pan. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Add the sweet potato and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.

Place half the sweet potato mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining mixture. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add the coconut milk and combine.

Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with coriander leaves and serve immediately.

Note: I leave the soup in the pot and use a stick blender, instead of transferring it to a blender - I find this a little less messy and not as time consuming. 


Well lovely readers, that wraps up Sunsets,White Rabbit Showcase and Soulfood Soup. Hope to see you back for the Wednesday Wishes post later this week and of course, the Friday Friends feature on Friday xo

1 comment: