Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Friends - Australian Makers - NILLY + BOOTH

Happy Friday lovely Maddabling readers, what did your week hold? Only nice things I hope. Maddabling is trialling a new Sunday Blogpost filled with reading goodness, I hope that you are enjoying this new addition. This week it is my great pleasure to introduce you a new Friday Friend, fantastic Australian maker and the sweetest lady, meet Sharn from NILLY + BOOTH
I connected recently with Sharn and NILLY + BOOTH through a facebook giveaway and can tell you from personal experience...........oh my! 

These goodies are so YUM! I had to remind myself that soap IS NOT edible. This is the cute package I received in the mail as a lucky giveaway winner.
And contained inside, a sensational Basil & Lime Lip Balm for totally kissable lips and a divine Soy Chai Soap that actually makes me believe I am sipping on a Soy Chai Latte each time I smell it. The scents are fabulous and so pure! 
I am keen to try one of the NILLY + BOOTH Organic Body Butters next, a perfect treat for dry winter skin.... or at any time of the year really! 
Readers, I now invite you to take some you time and to embark on a delicious Organic Adventure with NILLY + BOOTH. Have a lovely weekend everyone x 
AN ORGANIC ADVENTURE WITH NILLY + BOOTH 
Hi everyone my name is Sharn and I am the creator and maker of all things NILLY+BOOTH.  

By day/night/weekend I am Restaurant Supervisor at a beautiful golf resort down on the Mornington Peninsula (Victoria) and in my free time I love to create luxurious organic soaps and skincare. I was once a ‘professional’ student working towards my PhD in psychology, however, one existential crisis later and a desire to do what makes me happy, the organic handmade apothecary called NILLY+BOOTH was born.
I began my journey into all-natural soap and skincare almost 2 years ago now when I wanted to overhaul my chemical laden, synthetic, and down right not-good-for-your-skin beauty care products.  I began reading blogs and articles on anything and everything about natural skin care and that is how my obsession started.  The more I read the more I wanted to learn and experiment with my own homemade treatments and remedies. Then one day I discovered the beauty of handmade soap and its wonderfully soothing and moisturising abilities. 
I had always been into crafts when I was younger so making beautiful artisan soap was a creative outlet that just seemed to call to me.  So after nearly a year and a half of experimenting and becoming, again, completely obsessed, I decided to start to sell my soap to others to share the wonder and luxury of using handmade soap. NILLY+BOOTH was created for this purpose and along with my organic soaps I also have organic lip balms and organic body butters available.  
I have so many ideas and future plans to create a full line of not only body products but also facial and hair care as well. My brain is bursting with many exciting experiments I can not wait to have them available for everyone else to enjoy.  I absolutely love making and creating organic products and that people love using them too!
It is my goal for NILLY+BOOTH to be completely handmade and to use only organic and natural ingredients that can be found in nature, nothing synthetic, no preservatives, no unnecessary fillers or additives, no animal testing, and only recycled, recyclable or reusable packaging. 
I get asked a lot where the name NILLY+BOOTH comes from.  The name represents a combination of my surname and my mother’s maiden name, shortened, tweaked and turned into NILLY+BOOTH. I wanted a name that represented my family, a name that every time I saw reminded me of how beautiful and supportive they are.  Even if my experiments sometimes made them think I was a little kooky!

Dear readers, do you want to see more? Here is how you can connect with NILLY + BOOTH.

Become a fan on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/NillyAndBooth

and a follower on instagram here: http://instagram.com/nillyandbooth

3 comments:

  1. I am Sharn's mum Rochelle, I will only use the beautiful soaps that Sharn makes on my skin now. They make your skin feel so soft and they smell absolutely delicious. No more dry skin for me. The lip glosses are wonderful also, and they smell lovely as well. Why not give them a try, you won't be sorry. Everyone who has tried them would never use store bought soaps again. They are made by a very clever, and beautiful young woman. But I am biased you know. Go to the NILLY + BOOTH site on Facebook to see the full range of products available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second your comments Rochelle :) I am quite addicted to the Basil + Lime Lip Balm :) Thanks so much for popping by x

      Delete
  2. Hi Samara,
    I am back from my travels in Vietnam and have only just had a chance to have a good look at your fabulous post. Thanks again for the friday friends feature and your kind words :o)

    ReplyDelete