Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day, Storm Clouds and Lovely Things

Happy Sunday lovely readers. Maddabling is trialling a new Sunday Blog Post, to go along with the regular Wednesday Wishes and Friday Friends posts that you are all used to seeing. The Sunday Blog Post will contain bits and pieces, also a recipe to share (one that is tried and tested by me). I would love your feedback, comments very welcome. 

Mother's Day
I want to send Extra Special wishes to all the mums, stepmums, mother figures out there for Mother's Day. My thoughts today are with a couple of very special ladies whose mothers are no longer here for them. My thoughts are also with those among us who endure the Mother's Day Hype and don't have a fantastic relationship with their mother's ♥ 
Storm Clouds 
Our part of the world had a little wild weather this week, I stopped on the roadside to take this photo of the storm cloud sweeping in over the harbour. The colour hasn't been edited - I was in awe of the cloud formations! This was taken just before the wind started and the rain bucketed down, no wonder the seagulls came ashore to take shelter.
Lovely Things 
This week I want to share with you two lovely things. Starting with an organic handmade apothecary that makes luxurious organic soaps and skincare - NIILY + BOOTH. Sharn from NILLY + BOOTH recently hosted a giveaway, and Maddabling must have had some good karma due methinks! A sweet little package arrived in the mail with some Soy Chai Soap and Basil + Lime Lip Balm - omg I have to remind myself that these are not for eating, the smell is delicious! Why not check out NILLY + BOOTH for yourself here: http://www.facebook.com/NillyAndBooth
To continue on with Lovely Things - what do you do with left over Pumpkin? We were fortunate to be given a delicious homegrown butternut pumpkin, I decided to search out a pumpkin scone recipe to test my cooking skills. I made some delicious Buttermilk Pumpkin Scones - here is the recipe, should you want to try making them for yourself. It's quite easy, I haven't ever made scones from scratch before. 

I served these warm with Thickened Cream and Peach + Vanilla Bean Jam.
Buttermilk Pumpkin Scones

Ingredients
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tablespoon caster sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
60g butter, chilled, chopped
1/2 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup mashed cooled pumpkin
Extra buttermilk, for brushing

Method 
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Position oven rack in the top half of oven.
2. Sift flour, nutmeg, sugar and salt into a bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Make a well in centre of mixture. Add buttermilk and mashed pumpkin. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until a sticky dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until just smooth.
4. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, gently roll dough out until 2cm thick. Using a 6cm round cutter, cut out scones. Press leftover dough together. Repeat to make 12 scones.
5. Place scones, just touching, on prepared tray. Brush with buttermilk. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and hollow when tapped on top. Serve with jam and cream.

source:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22652/basic+buttermilk+scones
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22657/pumpkin+scones
That wraps up the Mother's Day, Storm Clouds and Lovely Things Sunday Blog Post. Have a great week everyone x

1 comment: