Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Friends, DUSTy Divas - Made in Fabric

Happy Dance for Friday lovely readers - what are you up to on the weekend? I am hoping to pop down to the local Mothers Day market (as a visitor and not a stallholder), catch a movie and generally have a lazy-ish weekend. Oh and if the rain holds off, perhaps a coastal walk somewhere :) 

This week it is my great pleasure to introduce sweet Rhianon from Made in Fabric; a new DUSTy Diva and this weeks Friday Friend.
Rhianon makes the loveliest lampshades, perfect wall hangings and gorgeous painted wooden signs - I just have to share some of my favourites with you now. Take for example, these two touch lamps with fabric shades in pink + blue designer fabric - what a fabulous gift for her! 
I also love this Fabric Hoop Hanging in a gorgeous Japanese paisley print and

for something different, this set of 4 Drink Coasters, in a waterproof paisley print fabric with felt backing, perfect for indoors or outdoors.
Ok readers, time now for me to hand over to Rhianon, to share the inspirational story behind her craft. I hope you enjoy The Made in Fabric Journey. See you all next week and have a fantastic weekend xo 
The Made in Fabric Journey
I’m Rhianon, the face and name behind Made In Fabric. I started on this creative path only recently, but have had a lifelong love affair with all things design, art and creative, so my running my own online creative business is not altogether a great surprise.  
My technical background is landscape design and urban design (which is a bit like architecture on a bigger scale).  My family is a not so diverse range of artists, fashion designers, product design and architecture and this heavily influenced lots of parts of me and what I like to do. I’ve always thought that I see things in a visual way and have always looked for creative outlets for it. 
I ended up having an opportunity to do some markets last year that gave me a great focus and goal to put my ideas around using fabrics into fruition and it has snowballed from there.  Next stop was learning the crafts and then creating a range of unique products with fabrics that I thought were beautiful or quirky enough to adorn walls and lamps and Made In Fabric was born.  There are so many wonderful fabrics to choose from but I am very selective in what I use for my fabric lamps, fabric wall art and wood words.  I have two ‘little helpers’ with me most days, who love a new fabric almost as much as I do, and are over the moon with any spare colourful fabric scraps to play with.
One of my favourite pieces is my Marimekko unikko fabric lampshade, it so bright and uplifting, but I also love my ‘blue waves’ lampshade, I find it really peaceful to look at. 
I like to be inspired by, but not held to hostage to, fashion and interiors trends. Pantone Emerald green is hot right now and so I’m trying to find the perfect emerald green fabric to create a new lampshade.

I love oilcloth fabrics, there is something uniquely old-worldly yet tough about them and they can be used for so many great things. I also have a deep love of all things Marimekko.  My one regret after living in Europe for over a decade was that I never got to visit the famous Marimekko headquarters. Next time!
I'm very excited about Made In Fabric’s upcoming range of customised children's wood name signs, wood wedding signs, and fun home decor words. These will be handmade from scratch. 
It will feature my signature oilcloth material and am having great fun designing the fonts and coming up with new words to add to the range. I’m also keen to start using my obsession with vintage lace and bring it into the Made in fabric fold, either through lampshades or wood words.
I’ve got plans to produce my own textiles to use in my range, most likely with influences from nature and landscapes. Urban design can include the most amazingly detailed plans that would be wonderful to incorporate into fabric design in a unique way, and tell the story of a city’s history. 

As ever, I have more ideas than time but I have never enjoyed such a flexible ‘job’ so much, it never feels like hard work!

Readers, do you want to see more? Here is how you can connect. 

Buy lovely things on etsy here:  www.madeinfabric.etsy.com

or on madeit here: www.madeit.com.au/MadeInFabric

become a follower on facebook here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment