Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, May 20, 2013

LOVE is a Four Letter Word, Autumn Sunshine and Pomegranate Tabbouleh

Happy belated Sundayish more Mondayish blog post dear readers. It hasn't been a terribly eventful week for Maddabling. I didn't quite get to finish this post last night due to other things taking priority as sometimes they do. Today I have chosen to share with you three things - LOVE is a Four Letter Word, Autumn Sunshine and Pomegranate Tabbouleh. 

LOVE is a Four Letter Word
I recently purchased a beautiful "Made in Fabric" piece and it has now arrived at its new home! I really really adore this - the craftmanship is beautiful. If you haven't read about Made in Fabric before, you can check out the Friday Friends blog post here: 
http://maddabling.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/friday-friends-dusty-divas-made-in.html
Autumn Sunshine
We went to one of our favourite coast hills walks on the weekend - we do feel particularly blessed to live where we do. The ocean was flat calm except for these exceptional waves which rolled in as one long wave, we spotted rainbows in the spray on the crest of the waves where the sunlight hit as the waves broke. 
Also spotted were some rather large and beautiful Sundews or Droseraceae (if you want to get technical. These plants are carnivorous and supplement their nutrition by trapping and ingesting small insects. Mother Nature never ceases to amaze me. If you would like to read more about them you can check out Florabase here: http://florabase.dec.wa.gov.au/browse/profile/22826
Pomegranate Tabbouleh
We have an absolute abundance of parsley and mint in the herb garden at the moment - to be honest they have gone quite mad! 
I combined a love of tabbouleh and pomegranate and sourced this delicious recipe from taste.com.au 
Pomegranate Tabbouleh Recipe

Ingredients: 90g (1/2 cup) burghul
185ml (3/4 cup) boiling water
1 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
3/4 cup chopped fresh mint
2 pomegranates, quartered, seeds removed
3 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs fresh lemon juice

Method:  Place the burghul in a large heatproof bowl. Add the boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Drain.

Add the parsley, mint, pomegranate seeds, shallot, oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Chill and serve.

Well lovely readers, I hope you enjoyed LOVE is a Four Letter Word, Autumn Sunshine and Pomegranate Tabbouleh. See you all on Wednesday for Wednesday Wishes xo

No comments:

Post a Comment