Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Friends - Western Australian Street Team on Etsy - Wishsong Design & Wishsong Creations

Welcome to Friday dear readers. I hope you are all happy and well. Some exciting news this week - the migrating whales have made their first appearance along the Southern Coast and I hope to spot one or two over the coming weekend. I will be armed with my camera and hope to get some photos to share :)

This is the second Friday Friends feature dedicated to wonderful handmade things for children and I want you to meet Jodie of Wishsong Design and Wishsong Creations.

Jodie is a fellow sandgroper and member of the Western Australia Street Team on Etsy !
There are so many adorably whimsical creations available from the Wishsong stores, here are a few of my absolute favourites !

I have a really really soft spot for these cutie pie felt softies.........
these Rainbow Stars Wooden Stud Earrings are just so cheery and different.......
and don't you just love this gorgeous Wood Pendant necklace in aqua blue and white cherry blossom design, with a sweet swarovski crystal charm !
I also want to share with you one of the stunning Nature paintings that Jodie has done - "Wolves." 
Time now dear readers to turn the virtual pages of The Fantastical Wishsong Design Fairytale Book - see you all tomorrow for Maddablings photos in days 15-21 of the Savage Kitten Photo Challenge.
PS Don't forget to enter the Maddabling Blog Post Giveaway - there are three lovely prize packs up for grabs ! 
The Fantastical Wishsong Design Fairytale 


Who is Wishsong Design ? 
Wishsong Design is primarily all about my whimsical and colourful children's illustrations and paintings however I have branched out into making necklaces and jewellery often incorporating my artwork, for children and adults alike, as well as unique and colourful baby block sets and even some little felt toys! Wishsong Design was name after a character from my favourite series of books, a magical ability he had that when sung, he could create life like images and pictures with his voice. It seemed a fitting name for my artwork.
How and When did your handmade/artistic journey begin ? 
I have always drawn and painted since I was little. The majority of my life was spent finding pictures that I loved and then I would copy them freehand, particularly animals and anything nature oriented. I was blessed with the ability of proportion (inherited from my very skilled artist grandmother and mother) and spent my later years painting photo realistic animals, with a passion for African animals.
Wishsong Design was born after many years of being encouraged by friends and family to pursue my artistic abilities professionally. After a few years of pet portraiture I finally had the courage to undertake a storybook illustration course, which in the end was not wonderful, but it gave me the confidence I needed to start to create my own illustrations and children's artwork. It was around this time that I discovered the world of Etsy, which I am now addicted to!! So I started my little shop Wishsong Design and have since filled it with many different colourful paintings and prints in the hope that my artwork may bring joy and colour into children's lives! I have also since started my second shop on Etsy Wishsong Creations which includes all my necklaces, earrings, pendants and baby blocks.
What inspires you ? 
My niece's and nephew's definitely inspire me! Their love for princesses, unicorns, fairies and all things fantasy give me great inspiration! Plus I'm a big kid at heart really and love all of that stuff too! Nature and animals also still inspire me, I still paint realistic animals on occasion and also do a lot of whimsical animals too. Personality intrigues me and I love to try and capture some sort of personality into each creature I paint. Colours are wonderful too!! You won't find many of my paintings that aren't colourful!
What mediums do you work with - do you have a favourite ?
What medium don't I work with would probably be the better question!! I love creating with lots of things, but if I narrowed it down then definitely watercolours are my medium of choice, well for my children's artwork that is. I also use acrylics for my larger animal paintings and chalk pastels for pet portraiture and furry animals! I'm now thinking about trying copic markers too!
What kind of things do you make/create ? 
Children's artwork, whimsical paintings, photo realistic animals and pet portraiture. I have also recently branched out into making glass pendant necklaces with my artwork featured under the glass, unique wood earrings and wood pendants, paper brooches with my artwork, magnets, wooden baby block sets with my artwork featured, felt toys, and am hoping to make memory card games for kids featuring my artwork, and art greeting cards. Too many ideas, not enough time!
Do you have a favourite piece that you have made/created ? 
I have always had a soft spot for my Rapunzel painting but recently I love my little dinosaur block set I made for a customer.
What are your future plans/dreams/aspirations ?
I would love to be a children's storybook illustrator one day! I always imagined it would be when I'm married and a stay at home mum, but would always jump at the chance if it came along sooner! I just want to continue to create works of art that can be shared and enjoyed by others!

Dear readers - do you want to see more ? Here is how you can connect :

You can buy lovely things on Etsy here :
http://www.Wishsongdesign.etsy.com

and here :
http://www.WishsongCreations.etsy.com

and on Madeit here :
http://www.madeit.com.au/wishsongdesign

You can also follow all the Wishsong Design news on Facebook here :  www.facebook.com/WishsongDesign

No comments:

Post a Comment