Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Friends - Australian ETSY Sellers - My Little Pixels


Hello lovely readers, it's Friday ! Yay ! I have been away in the city this week for work and always find it so wonderful to get home again. There is nothing quite like sleeping in your own bed ! I am noticing more and more Spring Growth in our garden, the Kangaroo Paws are developing flowers for the first time (we only planted these in March this year), there are blueberries forming on the Blueberry bushes and the Nectarine Tree is filled with blossoms - don't you just love the magic of Springtime !

Speaking of magic - wait 'til you see the work of Anna of My Little Pixels - my Friday Friend and Australian ETSY seller for this week !
Anna hails from beautiful Tasmania and says this in her ETSY profile  :

" My life changed the day I received my DSLR for my birthday; suddenly, ordinary things became potential photo-ops and the beauty in the everyday jumped out at me and commanded my attention. It was like putting on a pair of reading glasses; everything suddenly became much clearer."

This certainly shows in Anna's amazing photographic and design works, I will share a few of my favourite images with you now, I hope you are as captivated as I was with the pretty colours and images. They really do speak volumes for themselves, so this week I have chosen not to add additional commentary - I really do heart these ones very very much.

8x8 Fine art photography print - I Crave Cupcakes - vintage inspired cupcakes fine art photograph print pink pastels flower
5x5 Fine art photography print - He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - daisy botanical fine art photograph print - blue sky yellow photo
Paris Dreaming - Fine art photography pink- 5x7 print - fine art photograph print pastels clickety wall art Eiffel Tower
Seriously lovely readers, don't these images just take your breath away with their simplicity and beauty ? I invite you now to have a cuppa, to immerse yourself in a visual journey and learn more about the Anna and the Magic of My Little Pixels. Wishing you all the most fabulous weekend with lots of spring sunshine xo


The Magic of My Little Pixels

My Little Pixels is a one woman show; an offshoot of my obsession with photography and design. The name My Little Pixels, is just a whimsical term for all my digital creations. I have always been pretty creative from a young age - when I was a little kid I loved to draw and make clothes for my Barbies!



My mind is always conjuring up different things to do. I rarely ever become bored, so I have a growing list of projects I'd like to get stuck into but will probably never have time. My family have owned a craft store since I was 14, which has only spurred on my creativity and love of handmade.When I'm not with my camera, I can usually be found sketching and designing at the computer. I also love sewing and making clothes, accessories and bags - but at the moment I just don't have the space or time, so I've had to put those activities on the back burner!

What inspires you?

I am inspired and probably obsessed with the idea of creating art and beauty from the most ordinary objects or situations. My favourite possession is my macro lens, because this really allows me to see the ordinary in a completely new way. I'm inspired by the colours of summer, blossom in the spring, and the free falling leaves in autumn, dandelions, raindrops and the ocean. Living in Tasmania, our winters are quite long, cold and bleak - so I am yet to find the beauty in that particular season!


What mediums do you work with - do you have a favourite?

At the moment, I am working mainly with photography, but I am hoping to start creating linocut prints from my designs in the future. At the moment I am really enjoying the creative process of photography -
everything from the taking of the photo to post-processing on the computer and creating a beautiful surreal piece of art.

What kind of things do you make/create?

I make, what I call, mini artworks from photos I have taken. I produce them in sizes from 4x6 all the way up to 12x18. Every work I create, I imagine being placed on someone's wall. I am also working on a series of
2012 calendars, mini Polaroid-size photo prints, and note cards. I also design wall art from my own sketches, which I will be listing on my Etsy store in the near future.


Do you have a favourite piece that you have created?

This is such a hard question to answer. I am in a constant state of wanting to improve my work, so even though something is 'finished' and on sale, it never feels quite finished to me. I always look at what I have created and try to think of ways to improve it. But generally, my favourite pieces are those that are very abstract or have a surreal, dreamy quality to them. I'm not interested in documenting reality through photography, so if I can make something appear more magical than it actually was, I am very happy.


What are your future plans, dreams, aspirations?

As a design student, my dream is to make a living from my creativity. In a general sense, I want stress less about the little things and keep myself focused on the big picture.


Readers - do you want to see more ? Here is where you can find more of Anna's beautiful work to look at or buy :

ETSY :

http://www.etsy.com/shop/mylittlepixels

Anna advises as at 17th September 2011, her website is still in progress - here it is for future reference :

http://www.mylittlepixels.net/

You may also like to catch sweet tweets on Twitter :

http://twitter.com/#!/mylittlepixels


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what amazing photography! I am in love with the icy photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Especially the flower/nature shots. Very talented.

    ReplyDelete