Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Walking amongst Wildflowers and Apricot Bliss Balls

Hello lovely readers, my apologies that the weekend blog post is a tad late, now that it is Tuesday and all. Tonight I share with you Walking amongst Wildflowers and Apricot Bliss Balls. 
Happy Reading xo♥
Walking Amongst Wildflowers
Spring is the most beautiful time on the south coast. There are so many walk trails and the spring sunshine combined with bursts of brightly coloured and unusual wildflowers is just divine! Here are some snaps from a recent walk in Mt Martin botanical park. I hope that they inspire you to get out and about this coming weekend :)  
Apricot Bliss Balls
I have been experimenting a lot with bliss balls lately, this is yet another variation. They will keep for up to a week in an airtight container or pop them in the freezer for a ready snack. This makes approximately 15 balls. Note: I added in about a tablespoon of white chia seeds to my mix. You can find the original recipe here: 
http://squeakykitchen.com/apricot-bliss-balls/
Apricot Bliss Balls 
Ingredients:
300g dried apricots
1/3 cup crushed almonds or unsalted macadamias, even better if toasted
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
1-2 tsp coconut nectar, honey or agave (optional)
A few tablespoons of dessicated coconut

Method: 
Blitz dried apricots in a food processor or blender and take care to not overheat your blender.

Add crushed nuts, coconut oil and coconut nectar. Blend until just combined. (Alternatively, you can use your hands to mix the nuts, coconut oil and coconut nectar into the blended apricots in a bowl.) Scoop contents out into a bowl with a mini spatula. Mixture can be sticky so try not to slice your fingers with the blades! Take a small amount of the mixture and roll into small balls between your palms. 

In a separate bowl, dip and evenly coat each apricot ball with a good amount of dessicated coconut. If you have the time, you can also lightly toast your dessicated coconut prior to coating the balls. Toasted coconut is wonderfully nutty and aromatic.

Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed Walking amongst Wildflowers and Apricot Bliss Balls. See you all tomorrow for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment