Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, June 23, 2014

Stunning Sunsets, Canine Chuckles and Pea, Zucchini and Mint Soup

Hello readers, welcome to the weekend blog post. Tonight I share with you Stunning Sunsets, Canine Chuckles and Pea, Zucchini and Mint Soup. Happy Reading xo♥
Stunning Sunsets
I captured this sunset sequence recently, the winter sunsets in our part of the world are part colour and part apocalyptic cloud at times, always beautiful. 
Canine Chuckles
Are you a dog or a cat person? This comic strip made me laugh. Anyone who owns a dog and has tried to do floor exercises at home will understand. Everything is a game and their love for you is unconditional. Dogs really truly are the best people :) 
Pea Zucchini and Mint Soup
Who loves soup? This is the first of many soup recipes I hope to share over the coming weeks. Simple and delicious soul food. Winter warmers. Call it what you will :) I found this recipe here: 
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/25027/pea+zucchini+mint+soup
I had some left over salt reduced vege stock and used half stock half water for this recipe. I don't have a blender but use a stick blender to blitz this in the soup pot. This recipe serves 4 people.

Pea, Zucchini and Mint Soup
Ingredients:
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 (about 300g) potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
1L (4 cups) water
375g (2 1/2 cups) frozen peas
2 (about 300g) zucchini, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
125g (1/2 cup) low-fat ricotta
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
8 slices crusty sourdough 
Method:
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.

Add the potato and water. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes or until the potato is almost tender. Add the peas and zucchini, and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Set aside to cool slightly.

Stir in two-thirds of the mint. Blend half the vegetable mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with the remaining vegetable mixture. Stir over medium heat until heated through. Season with pepper.

Combine the ricotta, half the chives and remaining mint in a small bowl. Season with pepper.

Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with remaining chives. Spread the ricotta mixture over the toast and serve with the soup.
Readers, I hope you enjoyed Stunning Sunsets, Canine Chuckles and Pea, Zucchini and Mint Soup. See you all on Wednesday for a new Wednesday Wishes blog post x 

No comments:

Post a Comment