Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Saturday, July 3, 2010

DUSTy Happenings and Other Things

What a wonderful week it turned out to be. I received my craft swap from Wilma at Empress Wu ............ a lovely winter bowl made from Merino Wool and Polymer Clay which I will treasure and some sweet charms that I will put to good use. The card attached reads "Dragonfly Bowl - this winter bowl is wet-felted by hand using a plastic resist so it has no seams. A polymer clay dragonfly coloured with metallic paint and powder pigments enhances the hand embroidered leaves" I am so in awe of people who produce wet felt products as I can only begin to imagine the time and effort that needs to go into producing the final product.

I also went to an Exhibition Opening night of three local artists with Del from DELiciousDesignz and my dear friend Judy. Thank goodness Del remembered to take a camera and these wonderful photos so I could share it with you all ! Thank you Del




I also received some buttony bling from the sale at Kellie Christie in the form of a button necklace and earrings and bracelet and I got these sweet earrings from RiverGum Jewellery and a beautiful fan pic from Laura (of Lunabella Originals)the Birthday Girl wearing her special necklace.
Oh and I must show you the bangles I purchased from DELiciousDesignz - how fab are these ?


All in all a lovely week with lots of creative inspiration all around me

4 comments:

  1. It was a lovely way to end the week sam - a very cool exhibition and I wish I could afford some of the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Del - hopefully she will release some prints at a fraction of the cost :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy the swap parcel arrived safely eventually and that you like the little bowl.
    Thanks for being my swap partner and again for the goodies you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And likewise Wilma - it was a fantastic swap !

    ReplyDelete