Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, February 10, 2014

Ancient Rocks, 100 Ways to Washi and Refrigerator Apricot Jam

Welcome dear readers to the weekend blog post. Tonight I share with you all Ancient Rocks, 100 Ways to Washi and Refrigerator Apricot Jam. 
Happy Reading xo♥
Ancient Rocks
Over the weekend, I went wandering with some dear friends through a surreal landscape filled with Ancient Rocks. I have an extremely healthy respect for our exceptionally dangerous coastline and do love having a zoom on my camera that ensures I don't get too close to the edge. These black and white snaps were taken in Torndirrup National Park. Simply breathtaking scenery, giant rocks worn smooth by the powerfully eroding forces of the Southern Ocean over thousands of years! 
100 Ways to Washi 
I recently stumbled upon this fabulous blog with a list of craft projects involving the much loved medium - Washi Tape. The post in question was aptly named 100 Ways to Washi
Thank you to the lovely Kimberley of anightowlblog.com - craft lovers everywhere salute you !Thank you so much for sharing this amazing post ♥ see this link for the article in full:
Refrigerator Apricot Jam
I adapted this recipe from the one featured previously on my blog. There is no cooking, no added processed sugar and the chia seed helps the jam to "set" 
Try it with any variation of fruits and add more or less honey to taste. 
 Refrigerator Apricot Jam 
Ingredients:
6 ripe apricots
1 tablespoon of white chia seeds
1 teaspoon of raw honey
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

Method: 
1. Wash, halve and remove stones from apricots. Blitz the apricots with a stick blender or in a food processor. 
2. Mix through white chia seeds, raw honey and pure vanilla extract. 
3. Place in a sealed container in the fridge to thicken for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Enjoy on toast, scones, banana bread or whatever else takes your fancy.
Dear readers, thank you once again for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment ♥ I hope you enjoyed Ancient Rocks, 100 Ways to Washi and Refrigerator Apricot Jam. See you all on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment