Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Whalesongs, Moody Middleton and Millponds, Craft Swaps, Decadent Liberte and The Good Juice

Hello readers - did you have a good weekend? I have a few things to share with you all today, in fact it is quite a busy blogpost! Today you can read all about Whalesongs, Moody Middleton, Craft Swaps, Decadent Liberte and The Good Juice. Enjoy xo 
Whalesongs
By all accounts, it has been an exceptional whale watching season on the south coast. Our migratory visitors have put on fabulous shows and can often be seen from land, for those more adventurous there are whale tours that will take you out along the coast to get up close and personal with these creatures of the deep. 

One whale tour operator had reported that as at the 1st August 2013, the tally of whales spotted included 435 Humpbacks, 44 Southern Wrights, 2 Minke Whales and 1 Blue Whale. 

I spotted these whales, which I believe are Southern Wright Whales (?) from the Boardwalk Lookout at Middleton Beach. They were not going anywhere in a hurry and were amazing to watch. 
There is a sad report today from Cheynes Beach Caravan Park that two Sperm Whales have beached themselves, one hasn't survived and the second is also not expected to survive for too much longer. Nature is a such a strange thing. 

Moody Middleton and Millponds
The beaches on the south coast are beautiful to say the least, and on the "hunt" for whales, I have been to Middleton Beach a few times lately. From Stormy Skies to Glassy Flat Seas, this really is a gorgeous spot to visit, walk or just sit and think. 
There is second lookout which is a great vantage point for whale watching that is not far from Middleton Beach and looks out over King George Sound. This picture was snapped around sunset, the water was like a millpond.  
Craft Swaps
DUST Team Craft Swaps (for DUST Team Members) are back up and running. 
The latest swap runs from July - September 2013 and there will be Festive Swap opening for sign ups on the 1st October 2013. You can read more about the craft swaps here : Dust Team Craft Swaps.

For the current swap, Ofunneka from C3n2kids is my craft swap partner. Ofunneka tells me that she likes anything bright and her favourite colours are Black, Red and White. Here is a sneaky peek at some of the things I am working on to send in Ofunneka's Craft Swap Parcel. I do hope she likes it! 
 Decadent Liberte 
We went out with a friend for dinner and drinks over the weekend and wound up the night with a cheeky cocktail at Liberte. This is a favourite place for me, I love the cosy atmosphere. Liberte is best described as a European Style Coffee House and Bar. 
The chandeliers are beautiful and the chairs are so very comfortable.
The light fitting in the ladies powder room is just sublime too! 
Its decadent, relaxed and really, just a great place to relax with friends or loved ones. And the cocktails are pretty fine too! Worth a visit if you are in the area. 
The Good Juice
I LOVE Fresh Juices. While waiting for my lunch order at the local Juice bar (must add that I was suffering with an icky head cold), I was reading through a Juice Recipe Book that they had for patrons. There was one recipe in particular that caught my attention. It was a Strawberry, Pink Grapefruit and Orange juice recipe. The intent of this Juice, claimed to be rich in Vitamin C and other good things, is to boost the Immune System and aid recovery from colds and flu. I thought I would give it a try and it did seem to help. Here is the recipe! 
The Good Juice 

Ingredients:
1 Pink Grapefruit
2 Oranges
2 "handfuls" of Strawberries
90ml of Orange Juice
 Method: 
1. Cut grapefruit and oranges into segments, remove peel from fruit.
2. Wash stawberries and chop off the leaves and tops of the strawberries. 
3. Put fruit through a juicer. 
4. Pour into jug and add 90ml of Orange Juice. 
5. Serve and enjoy! 
note: For the 90mls of Orange Juice, I used a good quality bottled Organic Orange Juice that had organic honey added in. 

Readers, that concludes the Sunday Blogpost, I hope you enjoyed reading all about Whalesongs, Moody Middleton, Craft Swaps, Decadent Liberte and The Good Juice. See you all on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes xo

No comments:

Post a Comment