Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Friends - Local Artists - Alana McLean Photography

Happy Friday lovely readers, I hope your collective weeks have been just wonderful! Nothing exciting to report on the Maddabling front this week, hoping you all have something exciting planned for the weekend?

This week I am thrilled to introduce you to my guest blogger and Friday Friend - meet local photographer Alana - the face behind Alana McLean Photography. I am really proud of Alana who recently held her first photography exhibition at the Denmark Visitors Centre. This Pelican Reflection on Canvas in a Lacy Sheoak Frame is a firm favourite of mine.
Time now dear readers for me to hand the blogging reigns over to Alana. I really love her work and I hope you do too. Readers - are you ready to sit back and take your place Behind the Lens with Alana McLean Photography? I hope you are -  Happy Reading! 

P.S. please remember that the copyright for the photographs in this blog post remain the property of Alana McLean Photography and are not to be cropped, altered or reproduced in any way without the express permission of Alana McLean Photography. 

Behind the Lens with Alana McLean Photography
Hi everyone, my name is Alana and I am the face behind Alana McLean Photography. I'm currently living the 'happily ever after'! I was born and raised on an idyllic beef farm in Torbay, (where we have since built our ever-after to raise the next generation), so have always had an affinity with the land and all her beauty. 
Being a Taurean may also have something to do with loving the 'earthy' elements to life! I love to go bare-foot (don't tell everyone) I love the fact that I have married my hard-working brickie who has continued to adore me and supported my endeavours between raising our three healthy, vibrant and cheeky kids! 
Show-casing our region through photography is an absolute pleasure! My camera comes everywhere with me! I have had a love of photography from a very early age with family portraiture being the most significant influence.
My career background was in first child protection and then Social welfare for over ten years. During that time I saw first hand the 'need' for children to be wanted, loved and a part of something - a feeling of belonging. A family portrait provides such sanctum to a child and an empowerment of 'knowing where they belong in this big, scary world". 
Family portraits will always play a significant role in my work but for the moment I am concentrating on exhibiting some exciting new works and making others happy through my work (play)!
My favourite so far in the exhibition side of things is my "Fire-tail Flirt" original photograph on canvas surrounded by a hand-crafted Jarrah fleck frame courtesy of my Dad. I recently sold this piece to a very happy husband and wife from the Woodshed in Denmark. 
I was very humbled as this gentleman is a Judge at the Woodcraft expo in Denmark every year and sure does see some exquisite local work - for him to buy it meant confirmation to me....but I sure do miss that little birdie!!! xxx

Dear readers, do you want to see more? Here is how you can connect with Alana McLean Photograhy. 

Become a follower on Facebook here: 

http://www.facebook.com/alanamcleanphotography

1 comment: