Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Friends - Local Business - Sugagirl Cakes

Happy Happy Friday dear readers and a big Welcome to a new edition of Friday Friends. Finally the weekend is here ! Have you got anything exciting planned ? This week it is my very great pleasure to introduce to you a dear friend and local culinary creator extraordinaire - Shevi of Sugagirl Cakes. 
I have seen and sampled many of Shevi's creations over the years and can assure you there is no end to her wonderful skills when it comes to delicious handmade goodies. Recently, I enlisted the help of Shevi to create a divine gourmet hamper for a picnic lunch and general snacking - want to see the goodies for yourself ? Here they are ! And believe me, there were no leftovers!
Dear readers, time now for you to sit back and relax, perhaps brew a cup of tea and enjoy the Seductively Sweet Story of Sugagirl cakes for yourself, calorie free of course :) Have a fabulous weekend, don't forget the Maddabling 22 Day Photo Challenge starts on the 10th August. Details have been posted to the Maddabling facebook page :) p.s. I will share the adventure of our picnic in a special edition blog post in the coming weeks xo
The Seductively Sweet Story of Sugagirl Cakes
Hello everyone,Sugagirl Cakes where do I start?
My name is Siobhan mainly known as Shevi (much easier to say) I have a love of baking and all things sweet. I have created Sugagirl Cakes because of that love and the enjoyment of creativity. Last year I did my first Market stall with the Summer Fair in Albany and I think I’ve been hooked ever since!
Eventually you will see me pop up in the Markets around town but at this stage I am a hobby based business from home. I enjoy making one of a kind cakes designed to suit your personality or theme for any special occasion. Though novelty cakes are high on my list for creating, I also do more traditional and contemporary wedding cakes, cookies, muffins and really any baked goods.
(About me) I was a Chef for 15 years and worked all over the country and in the UK but recently gave up my love for the Hospitality industry due to family commitments. I now work an 8 – 4 day job in an office environment and although very challenging and enjoyable in its own way I miss the creativity far too much. Hence the introduction of Sugagirl Cakes I have been baking for my family and friends for years and the true enjoyment you get out of seeing the face of the 8 or 38 year old you just created a cake for is amazingly rewarding.
My favourite mediums change on week to week basis depending on the current influence surrounding me. My inspiration comes in many forms but I love colour so anything bright and cheerful will draw me towards it. But right now I’m loving creating figurines and models from gum paste and fondants. Which I have included some shots for you to see, I hope you like them. I also update my page with my latest creations so come find me on facebook to see my latest work.
So if you’re interested in organising a personalised cake for your special occasion give me a call (details are on my facebook page) or message me on my facebook page www.facebook.com/sugagirlcakes, I would love to create it for you.



1 comment:

  1. I cant speak highly enough of Sugagirl cakes, there awesome and will definitely be using them again!!!!

    ReplyDelete