Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Maddabling Christmas Message


MERRY CHRISTMAS Banner, Rustic Kraft Banner
MERRY CHRISTMAS Banner, Rustic Kraft Banner by LazyCaterpillar
Merry Christmas Eve to all of the lovely Maddabling followers. I would like to share a sweet poem with you from kidspot.com that is sure to make you giggle just a little. It's called Puppies Christmas. Anyone who has raised a puppy will understand this completely ! Although I am sure parts of this poem would also apply to children and kittens too ;)

It's the day before Christmas
And all through the house
The puppies are squeaking
An old rubber mouse.

The wreath which had merrily
Hung on the door
Is scattered in pieces
All over the floor.

The stockings that hung
In a neat little row
Now boast a hole in
Each one of the toes.

The tree was subjected
To bright-eyed whims,
And now, although splendid,
It's missing some limbs.

4 Dog Puppy Boston Terrier Christmas Greeting Notecards/ Envelopes Set
4 Dog Puppy Boston Terrier Christmas
Greeting Notecards/ Envelopes Set
by ASLICEINTIME

I catch them and hold them.
"Be good", I insist.
They lick me, then run off
To see what they've missed.

And now as I watch them
The thought comes to me,
That theirs is the spirit
That Christmas should be.

Should children and puppies
Yet show us the way,
And teach us the joy
That should come with this day?

Could they bring the message
That's written above,
And tell us that, most of all
Christmas is love.

Be Merry - Christmas Banner
Be Merry - Christmas Banner by craftyearth
Christmas is a time to be merry. There were two trustworthy elves (Maddabling and DELiciousDesignz) who co-ordinated the DUST Team Secret Santa craft swap this year. Maddabling sent goodies to Petaliferous and tamaradesigns sent goodies to Maddabling. It is always SO EXCITING to receive your craft swap parcel, but even more so when you don't know who is sending it !

The Secret Santa goodies Maddabling received from Tamara at tamaradesigns
The Secret Santa goodies Maddabling sent to Bri of Petaliferous
Peace & Love Christmas Banners
Peace and Love Christmas Banners by GoldenAppleDesigns
A dear friend of mine, the lovely Cyndy of Cyndy Kitt Productions doesn't send the traditional Christmas Card. This year she made a gorgeous mini poetry book and sent it in an envelope made from recycled pages from Frankie Magazine. Isn't this just the sweetest ? I will certainly treasure this tiny book for many many years to come.


Finally dear readers, before I go, I want to share this lovely treasury that made front page of ETSY today. It was a wonderful early Christmas Present for me and featured many wonderful Australian ETSY sellers.


I wish each and every one of you a joyous festive season, peace and love. Spare a thought for those who are less fortunate than yourself and remember that Christmas is not always a happy time for those around us. Perhaps you could practice a random act of kindness to a stranger in the true festive spirit. Oh and don't forget to leave milk and cookies out for Santa and his reindeer. Merry Christmas xo
Holiday JOY banner vintage inspired paper bunting
Holiday JOY banner vintage inspired paper bunting
by AlicesLookingGlass

2 comments:

  1. hope you had a wonderful christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie - it was a wonderful Christmas, I hope yours was too :)

    ReplyDelete