Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Friends, DUSTy Divas - Art by Jaz

Hello lovely readers, welcome to Friday and a new edition of Friday Friends. What a busy week it has been. Our workplace spread a little Christmas Cheer by donating nearly a shopping trolley full of non perishable food items to a local relief agency to put towards Christmas Hampers for those in need. It was such a great feeling to be able to make a contribution to society at this time of year.

Maddabling was also very lucky to have an ETSY treasury featured on ETSY's front page - it featured lots of talented folk, was entitled Festive Fawn and included many Australian Artists !


This week I am happy to indulge you in a little bit of whimsy on a fantastical visual journey with a fabulous Australian ETSY Artist and brand new DUST team member;  meet Jaz from Art by Jaz !


I stumbled upon these gorgeous prints and paintings, while trawling through Etsy one evening. They are beautifully drawn, feminine and completely colourful ! Here are a few of my faves (by the way I had a lot of trouble narrowing this down). I must mention that due to my wonderful husband being a supporter of handmade and local talent, the original Cat and Mouse painting (shown below) is coming to live with us.... he purchased it for me for Christmas :D I am so pleased to be the owner of a piece of original Art by Jaz.

Jaz, you can be assured that Cat and Mouse is coming to a home where she will be loved and treasured.  

50% off ORIGINAL PAINTING - Cat and Mouse - by Jaz Higgins
Cat and Mouse
Big ART PRINT - Oh Deer There's a Storm Coming  - by Jaz - 12x16
Oh Deer There is a Storm Coming

ART PRINT - Blue-Ringed Octopus Fairy - by Jaz - 8x8
Blue Ringed Octopus Fairy
 Dear readers, I invite you now to take some time out of your hectic day and to indulge in a whimsical visual journey ruffling through the virtual archives of Art by Jaz.

ART PRINT - Drink Me - by Jaz - 8x8
Drink Me
Art by Jaz Archives

I'm Jaz Higgins. I'm a full time artist, working from my home studio in Brisbane, Australia. I live with my husband, our beautiful 3 year old daughter and our little black and white cat.

ART PRINT - Xenia Fairy - by Jaz - 8x10
Xenia Fairy
Ever since I was a little girl I've loved creating things. I've always been happy with a colouring book and a good set of felt pens! One of my first memories of my love of colour was visiting a family friend who was a cake decorator and looking at all the brightly coloured pigments that she used to make icing flowers with. There were rows and rows of them and I was absolutely mesmerized !

ORIGINAL PAINTING - Birdy has a Birthday - by Jaz Higgins
Birdy has a Birthday
I have studied commerce and marketing at uni, and I have worked in retail management, but I realised about 5 years ago that I wanted to work on my art full time. I feel very lucky to be in the position now to do that. It's not always easy being your own boss, and being responsible for paying the bills from your own artwork - but it's worth it.
ART PRINT - Pretty in Pink  - by Jaz - 5x10
Pretty in Pink
I'm specifically drawn to painting girls, my paintings often feature mermaids, fairies for this reason. I'm inspired by anything whimsical, kitschy, feminine, pretty and fun. I love flowers, fantasy, oceanic creatures, animals, nature, fashion, children's storybooks, vintage emphemera, wandering through art galleries, reading art blogs - I'm inspired by countless things!

Big ART PRINT - Alice Meets the Caterpillar  - by Jaz - 6x16
Alice Meets the Caterpillar
I mostly paint on canvas with acrylic paints. I find I'm too impatient when it comes to waiting for oil paint to dry, and I find acrylics less messy to clean up than oils! :)

50% off ORIGINAL PAINTING - Cat and Mouse - by Jaz Higgins
Cat and Mouse
Some of my favourite paintings I've done so far are: "Naughty Cal", "A Jellyfish Friend" and "Alice Meets the Caterpillar".
ART PRINT - A Jellyfish Friend - by Jaz - 8x8
A Jellyfish Friend
While I have sold my artwork online for a while now, I was excited to start getting my artwork in to some 'brick and mortar' stores this year, starting with "Cultiver" in Ipswich, QLD, with more to come in the next few months. I'd also like to start doing some more art shows, expos and markets. I'm looking forward to creating lots of new paintings in 2012 - so keep an eye out! :)

Big ART PRINT - Naughty Cal - by Jaz - 12x16
Naughty Cal
Lovely readers you can explore and learn more about Art by Jaz or do a little shopping here :

Art by Jaz Websitehttp://www.artbyjaz.com/

Art by Jaz on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ArtByJaz

Art by Jaz Blog : http://artbyjaz.blogspot.com/

Art by Jaz on Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/ArtByJaz

Art by Jaz on Etsy : http://www.etsy.com/shop/artbyjaz


2 comments:

  1. wonderful talent, I love Birdy Has A Birthday the best... but will go and check the etsy store out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love.... I adore the Alice one, but they are just all so gorgeous. Remind me of a picture my Mum did for me in hobbytex (remember that stuff) and I had hanging in my room - she had gorgeous big eyes like these

    ReplyDelete