Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Friends - Dusty Divas - Part 26 - BelFin


Hi lovely readers - I am a week behind with my Dusty Diva's series due to travelling away for work. I find it is always so lovely to get home again ! I hope all of your festive preparations are coming along nicely and that this time of year isn't too frenetic for you !

This week I am proud to introduce to you a new Friday Friend, in part 26 of the Dusty Divas series - an independent Australian ETSY clothing designer - Bel of BelFin who opened an ETSY store on the 13 September 2010.


BelFin's shop announcement states :
BelFin (est 2001) is an Independent Clothing Design studio.
The reason I joined Etsy was to meet the dozens of requests by the labels fans. BelFin has a huge subscriber club (I am honoured to say) and this shop is designed to meet their orders.
Also, on Etsy, I am offering many garments at wholesale price or less. This is because BelFin is taking new directions and I need room! SO, lucky you! Out with the old to allow for the new.
ABOUT THE LABEL: BelFin has built a reputation for high casual clothing designed to flatter the female form. The latest range, is unpretentious, flirty, and modern with its trademark inventiveness ability to move across occasions and features BelFin’s famous extremely flattering trousers. It is edgy, sassy, feminine and timeless all at once.
Simply put, the BelFin design philosophy is to create practical elegance that endure physically and in terms of style and are fun to wear. Sustainability is another consideration. I operate my business in the most ethical and considerate ways that I can in each moment. From Fair Trade practices to the use of resources, integrating business with care and respect for the Whole Picture: Earth and all its Creations.


I love the functional styling of these designs :

The gorgeous bright BELFIN RED PRINT STRETCH TOP IN HOURGLASS PANEL DESIGN
the BelFin's Famous Women's Pants which look super stylish and comfy

and don't you think this Blue jersey dress frilly shoulders would make a fab addition to a summer wardrobe ?

So dear readers, I now invite you to sit back, relax and to (window) shop without leaving your lounge room - I hope you enjoy the story and creations of BelFin.

If you are new to BelFin, here is a little about the BelFin story :
BelFin (est 2001) is an Independent Clothing Design studio.
I am a self taught designer and pattern maker. I love to put on a great outfit and strut around. Then I feel righteously good; that it’s my world; that I am self contained and at ease with who I am; that I have credence and am representing my unique self with fidelity. (Can you relate?)

So I need clothing that facilitates this and is comfortable. All my designs are original and come from this perspective.

I make short runs of each garment, and repeat runs of the popular style. The pants I make are much loved by thousands of women. I know this because they tell me constantly. It totally warms my heart to know this.

BelFin has built a reputation for high casual clothing designed to flatter the female form. Since 2001, I have stocked Independent Fashion Stores in Australia. First it was a hobby. Then it became my full time job. My son is now my full time job and for the time being I'm pairing the business back so to focus on establishing an online presence and preparing for the next evolution of my art.

The BelFin design philosophy is to create practical elegance that endure physically and in terms of style and are fun to wear. The feel is unpretentious, flirty, and modern with trademark inventiveness and versatility. The modern woman’s life is such a vast spectrum of activities and environments these days so an ability to move across occasions is essential.

The result is edgy, sassy, feminine and timeless all at once.
Sustainability is another consideration. I operate my business in the most ethical and considerate ways that I can in each moment. From Fair Trade practices to the use of resources, integrating business with care and respect for the Whole Picture: Earth and all its Creations.

Another point of difference with the BelFin label, is the sizing.
SIZING: One of the successes of BelFin is that I make my styles at a 12 (my size). Then I make the smaller and larger sizes. After I had a baby I was a much bigger size than usual with a substantially larger bust. This improved my understanding of the way the body changes. Also, over time my friends have insisted I make changes to my styling so they could wear my garments too.

Therefore, a lot of my gear can be changed or worn in a different way to fit different body types. Tops and dresses are mainly in size small (Aus size 10), medium (Aus 12) and large (Aus 14). Pants are in size 8, 10,12 14, 16. I will introduce a size 18 next year on request.

The reason I joined Etsy was to meet the dozens of requests - for my pants styles - by the labels fans. BelFin has a huge subscriber club (I am honoured to say) and this shop was originally designed to meet their orders. I am also, offering many end-of-run garments on Etsy at wholesale price or less. BelFin is taking new directions and I need room! Out with the old to allow for the new.

But discovering Etsy has expanded my passion and interest in other areas: craft, handmade, slow fashion, maker’s collectives, business, social media, open source software…. The list goes on. (And I love cruising Etsy! What talent there is here!

So take a peak at the BelFin store. We've just begun, so add us to your favorites, and STAY TUNED! I am still adding designs to the shop daily. And I have many more in mind to come.


Want to see more ? Here is how you can connect with BelFin :

Shop at the BelFin Etsy Store at : http://www.etsy.com/shop/belfin

Check out the BelFin website at : http://www.belfin.com.au/

SUBSCRIBE TO THE LOVE CLUB : belfinhq@gmail.com to be informed of special deals, sales and the occassional Melbourne market

follow BelFin on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/belfinclothes

or on twitter at : twitter@belfinclothes

No comments:

Post a Comment