Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Springtime Wrap Up

It's almost the end of Springtime in my part of the world. October & November on the Rainbow Coast form part of the Kambarang Season in the Noongar Seasons Calendar and traditionally is known as the season where it is Warming, rains finishing, with longer dry periods and fewer cold fronts cross the coast. The height of the wildflower season. Noongar moved towards the coast where frogs, tortoises and freshwater crayfish were caught. The Noongar, having lived in the South West for centuries, have divided the year into six distinct seasons that are even more earth sensitive than our ancestors four. If you are interested in learning some more about the local indigenous people & seasons of the Rainbow Coast, visit this site : http://www.rainbowcoast.com.au/areas/rainbowcoast/seasons.htm

I have been lucky to enjoy the beauty of our garden with our lovely day lillies

and the fruits of our labour in the vege patch.

Del from Get SPOONed and I had a successful market at the Summer Street Fair

and are stoked that lots of people will be enjoying handmade gifts this Christmas. One shopper told me that she was sending her purchase off to Scotland, another sending hers to Queensland and another to Adelaide ! Long Live the Hand Made Revolution !



and after such a busy market, hubby and I decided it would be nice to go out to dinner then we took a stroll across the footbridge to the new Entertainment Centre which looked surreal against the background of a stormy sky right on Dusk.
Markets are now over for Maddabling for this year, and it's time to get into the craziness that is the Festive Season.
Oh and we now have in our possession the divine painting "Connected" from the Art of Beauty Exhibition by Woz - it hangs in our loungeroom with pride.

Isn't it gorgeous ? The Maddabling ETSY store has reopened and I have got some brand new listings up - hope you have time to have a looksee xox

2 comments:

  1. go the South West girls! I love you both and wish you every success and happiness in your creating. If you are ever in Mandurah, I'll put the kettle on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you gorgeous Starry - same goes if you are ever down this way x

    ReplyDelete