Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Friends - DUSTy Divas - 5trillion

Hi there to all of my lovely Maddabling readers! What has your week held? Only good things I hope! Today I want to introduce to you all an Australian Maker, DUSTy Diva and new Friday Friend - meet Christina of 5trillion! 
There is a fantastic selection of handsewn and knitted goodies that Christina and her mum Wendy make. Let me share some of those with you now.

How good would this super stylish Knitted Beanie be as a stocking stuffer? It's truly unisex and suitable for young and old alike.
For a sweet baby girl, these Overalls (Size newborn-000) in Red Denim with Floral Trim would make a wonderful welcome to the world gift. 
Lastly, I love the print on this Hand made Cotton Jersey Jumper especially for Boys. How cool is this - it has been hand dyed, hand screened and hand embellished with felt pen ♥
Dear readers, time for a little you timie I think! I invite you now to read more about The 5trillion Story. Have a super weekend xo♥
The 5trillion Story
5trillion is me, Christina and also my Mum, Wendy who does the knitting. I live in Tarra Valley which is near the town of Yarram in South Gippsland, Victoria, with my partner, 2 kids (5&7 year olds) and a very boisterous puppy!
I have grown up with a mother who loves crafting as did her older sisters and mother, so it is hard to say when my journey began; it has always been there I suppose. 
After secondary school I studied Fashion Design and Production at the Melbourne College of Textiles but after that I did not pursue it. I got a regular job in an office, then went travelling, then got another regular job in an office. But recently I have been doing a lot more sewing and I just love it.
My workroom is at my parent’s house where I have a large dedicated room, which is great. Also I share shop space with a friend of mine in town and sell there and online.
I am inspired by everything and anything, I love looking online at what is current in the world of craft and I get a lot of my clothing inspiration from vintage patterns and photos.
My favorite technique would be machine embroidery, which I do on some of my boy’s overalls mostly. I love making my tree overalls and have also done these trees on the back of pants as well.
I make all kinds of sewn items, clothing my favorite, for all ages, newborn to old! I may do the Foster market which is near me on the 7th of December, I am undecided at this stage as it looks like we may be moving the shop that weekend.
You can keep up to date via my blog at 5trillion.com.au or facebook pages here: facebook.com/shipshapeclothingco facebook.com/YarramBohoBazaar and facebook.com/idaswardrobevintage

You can also find me here: 
5trillion.com.au - blog
madeit.com.au/5trillion -shop
5trillion.etsy.com -shop clothing and textiles

No comments:

Post a Comment