Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Friends - Australian Artists - Art by Jen G

Hello lovely Maddabling readers, I hope this blog post finds you happy and well. It's Good Friday and a time to spend time with family and loved ones. Today it is my pleasure to introduce to you a new Friday Friend and Australian Artist, meet sweet Jen of Art by Jen G. 
Jen is a very talented maker, her mediums of choice are Ceramics and Lampwork. Let me share some of my favourites with you now. Jen makes stunning bead sets, 
to homewares and keepsakes 


and beautiful ready to wear pieces 
Why not let Art by Jen G create something very special for you?
Ok dear readers, it's time for me to hand over the blogging reigns to Jen who will be Introducing Art by Jen G. Have a happy and safe Easter everyone xo♥ 
Introducing Art by Jen G 
When I was in my late teens, our family home was destroyed in the Bushfire of 1980 leaving the surrounding Adelaide Hills with blackened tree trunks and a grey ash ground for what seemed to last forever. It was then that my pre-school love of Bright Bold was rekindled. I'm a Ceramicist and Lamp work Artist: a Trail Runner, a Model and Muse for my husband's Art works and mum of 3 wonderful adult sons. I love to use Bright Bold colours as I create in a home Studio/Shop where I also teach Ceramic and Lamp work classes. 

Who (or what) inspires you to do what you love in your own creative business? The feeling of personal satisfaction is what inspires me in my creative business; to be able to say “I made it myself” is very satisfying. 
Where do you get your inspiration from when you design and paint? For me, inspiration is all around. I get inspired seeing the stars and moon on my early morning runs to the tiniest raindrop caught on a nasturtium leaf to the lines and curves in architecture. What are the five words that people who know you would use to describe you? Positive, cheerful, patient, persistent and kind. 
How did you know when you’ve found your passion for Art + Craft? I knew I had found my passion when I was completely immersed in what I was doing. Time seemed to fleet by. 
Tell us about your very first job and what path have you taken since then? Before I was married, my very first paid job position was a Receptionist for a Home Improvement company. Basically I worked on a switch board, answering and transferring phone calls most of the day but also helped and advised customers as they came in to the display show room. I discovered very early on that being Time Rich is far more important to me than Financially Rich so any paid jobs I take on are simply a way to buy my creative supplies. 
Describe your day in your studio space? A day in my studio space is heaven. It’s a place where time does not exist as I get lost in the creative process. It is rejuvenating to my spirit. 
As an Artist, what is your biggest frustration? My biggest frustration as an artist is that the general public generally underestimate the time and skill required to produce my work.
Tell us about how you prioritise your work. Orders and commissions take precedents. Other than that I really work as my creative mind leads me. 
What was the purpose on starting Art workshop and how has the concept come about? My reason behind starting Art workshops / classes is to allow others to experience the joy and satisfaction of creating something Unique as I do. 
Tell us about how do you connect with other artists, and your customers (i.e. how do you network)? I often connect with other artists via the Internet; however I also have a couple of close artist friends that I sometimes visit. My husband is also an artist, so we are always bouncing ideas off each other. The only jewellery I wear is my own. Because my Handmade Ceramic and Lamp work Beads are Bright, Bold and Designed to be Noticed, I always receive compliments and from there it is easy to hand out my business card. 
What advice can you offer other creative people who are just starting out and following their passions? My advice is that the quicker one can accept that only a very small minority of people really understand and appreciate handmade creations the easier it is to accept that what we do is really for a select market. So believing in your own creative vision is the most important thing. 
What dreams do you still want to achieve or fulfil in your life? My dreams are simply that I want to keep improving and developing as an artist. 
What is your proudest moment so far? My most recent, proudest moment was in January this year. I ran 101 km's nine days after completing a 93 km run. 
Who do you most want to meet and why? I would count it an honour and privilege if I could meet Stephen Fry. From what I have read and have heard him speak, I find his life experiences and thoughts very interesting. 
What is the most important lesson in life that you have learned? Acceptance of others and all forms of life are valuable. 
What book are you reading right now, and do you have a book you would like to recommend? I’m yet to decide on my next book, but recently finished reading Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. And yes, I would highly recommend it. 
Where do we find you and your products? I work from home in the Adelaide Hills. Here I hold my classes and have a Shop. My work is also available on line and information about my classes and shop can be found here … http://ArtbyJenG.blogspot.com. Once a month I have a stall Fullarton, South Australia.

2 comments: