Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On Cloud Nine - A Romantic Getaway

Welcome dear readers, to a special edition blogpost. Recently, Maddabling mentioned a special picnic and that she had spirited away her lovely hubby for a romantic weekend getaway at Cloud Nine Spa Chalets run by the amazing Stan + Shelley Sypko. Now normally I don't promote businesses that aren't related to Creative Arts, Crafts and Hand Made on the Maddabling blog, but I have made an exception when it comes to Cloud Nine Spa Chalets as I feel it's too good not to share!
                    
We stayed in one of the two luxurious chalets - the Arcadia Spa Chalet to be precise......and I am not exaggerating when I say that almost everything you could possibly need is supplied (except for your food items)  - the attention to detail is absolutely wonderful.... from the bottle of chilled local Bubbly in the Fridge, the snuggly bath robes, to the heart shaped ice blocks in the ice bucket to the faux rose petals on the bed and the towels warming on the heated towel rail ........ not to mention the farm fresh eggs laid by the Cloud Nine Resident Hens and a litre of milk to get you started on your luxurious getaway. 

There was a luscious selection of teas, fresh ground coffee for the plunger, herbs and spices.....the Chalet is simply beautiful and the tasteful decor make it a decadent place to relax. 

It is truly sublime, sitting in the spa that overlooks the valleys and mountains sipping on the complimentary bubbles - secluded and peaceful are two words that come to mind. 
I opted not to self cater for the evening meals over the weekend and pre-ordered a Super Duper Gourmet Platter (which was more than enough for two meals) filled with delicious cheeses, condiments, antipasto, dips, breads, crackers, sushi, asian yum cha - oh my ! 
We also ordered the garlic bread and wood fired pizza for our second night - made on the premises and it was definitely yummy! 
The natural beauty of your surroundings reminds us how breathtaking Mother Nature can be ...... take for example this sunset looking back over to the majestic Porongurup Ranges.
Sunset at Cloud Nine Spa Chalets 
I want to share with you a collage of photos taken at sunrise, sunset and during the day at Cloud Nine Spa Chalets........ misty mornings and lovely sunsets....
there are plenty of inquisitive visitors that frequent the bird feeder at the front of the chalet and if you are patient, you will see lots of Kangaroos at Dawn and Dusk. I watched some Kangaroos boxing and felt truly privileged to see and hear something that I have only ever seen on nature documentaries. 
If you can tear yourself away from the chalet, there are some adventures to be had exploring the Porongurup National Park including the Tree in the Rock, Castle Rock and the Balancing Rocks at the base of Castle Rock. Take your time and you will see lots of things you would normally miss, a brightly coloured leaf on the Castle Rock hike and the strange fungi and mushrooms we saw near the Tree in the Rock Walk. 
Not far from Cloud Nine, there are some stunning Pink Salt Lakes and lots of Rural and Distant  Mountain Landscape photo opportunities. 
Would I recommend Cloud Nine Spa Chalets as a place to stay ? You bet! I could not find anything to  fault at Cloud Nine Spa Chalets and can't wait to visit again. 

Relax......Unwind........Indulge. 

Let your hosts Stan and Shelley make your stay one to remember. 
                         http://www.cloudninespachalets.com.au/

The images below of Arcadia Chalet have been used with the permission of  Cloud Nine Spa Chalets and can been viewed as larger images on the Cloud Nine Spa Chalets Website.          

            

1 comment:

  1. Maddo, Shelly and Stan are wonderful and as you found out they have one of the best places to stay within Australia I my self have been twice. The magic photo art that Stan and Shelly had in the office when we were there was magic then you go to the warm and inviting little Chalets they have like a home away from home.
    signed
    J.M

    ReplyDelete